Belladonna

amiller

So,  I was going to name this song “White Boy Latin” because it has a Latin element to it but, as a “white boy,” I know next to nothing about Latin music except I love Santana.  My bass player wanted to name it  “Gringo.”  Both names we’re meant in fun. My apologies if anyone’s sensitivities were bruised.  Anyway, I decided to be more respectful and name it “Belladonna” which, it turns out, has Latin origins.

Borrowed from Italian belladonna (bella donna, literally “beautiful lady”), altered by folk etymology from Medieval Latin blādōna(“nightshade”), from Gaulish *blātōnā, blātunā, from Proto-Celtic *blātus (“flower”), from Proto-Indo-European *bʰléh₃tus, from *bʰleh₃-(“blossom, flower”).

Noun:  Deadly nightshade.   A drug prepared from the leaves and root of deadly nightshade, containing atropine.

Without further ado...Belladonna;

Edited by amiller

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I can see where you say it has a Latin Flavor!

Nice guitar work. I enjoyed the harmony in the middle. Nice tone on the guitar too.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  This was out of my wheelhouse but I enjoyed putting it together.

Just now, Myriad Rocker said:

I can definitely hear the Santana influence.  Nice work.

Yeah, I like the passion that comes across in Santana’s playing.  Thanks for listening...’much appreciated.😊

Sweet guitar tone. Sustain like Satriani. Cool delay effect on it as well. Very well played maestro!  I think you might consider mixing those bongos a little lower when they come in, just a thought. To be completely honest, this tune didn't strike me as entirely that much latin. It's more straight ahead 2 and 4 without too much syncopated fluffery. Maybe its ballad quality hides the latin. But at the end of el dia, it's all about the guitarra, and holy crap this is really well done.

The horns are sturdy, the piano hits the spots. The drums seem a little quiet, maybe a couple of more flashy bits for them?  I dunno. 

Good stuff!

cheers,

-Tom

14 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Sweet guitar tone. Sustain like Satriani. Cool delay effect on it as well. Very well played maestro!  I think you might consider mixing those bongos a little lower when they come in, just a thought. To be completely honest, this tune didn't strike me as entirely that much latin. It's more straight ahead 2 and 4 without too much syncopated fluffery. Maybe its ballad quality hides the latin. But at the end of el dia, it's all about the guitarra, and holy crap this is really well done.

The horns are sturdy, the piano hits the spots. The drums seem a little quiet, maybe a couple of more flashy bits for them?  I dunno. 

Good stuff!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks so much for the kind words...appreciated.  Yeah, I purposely brought the “bongos” out a little too much ‘cause I dig that sound...self-indulgent.  Yep, I really don’t know much about Latin music but this song makes me hear a Latin vibe from time to time.😊

47 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

It has the Santana vibe to the guitar, the support band not so much for me but it's your song and you are the one who should be happy, sweet guitar tone, nice one.  :) 

I’m glad you liked the guitar.😊

25 minutes ago, kakku said:

Lovely tones flow easily here. Satrianish sound is indeed also present. Melodies are also great. I do not listen to this kind of music but maybe I better start listening

Hey, glad you liked it.  If you’re interested in this genre Andy Timmons is a real treat.  Check out “Resolution.”

• Great Idea 1