Kontakt 7 Released

tunedeaf

3 hours ago, marled said:

For now I don't see any reason to upgrade! I am satisfied with Kontakt 6!

Soon new libraries will require v7. Once you find one that you want, you'll get caught into the marketing spin.

Hope it's later than sooner ;) 

Edited by chris.r
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

So to upgrade from  KOMPLETE 13 to 14 is €199 which includes Kontakt 7 .. While to upgrade to just Kontakt 7 is €99 .... mmmmmm

All depends on what you are interested in.  Take look at the new content.

I got a deal on Komplete 13 last year and have left half of it uninstalled. Just wanted a few of the instruments. Don't see anything except for K7 that I care for in Komplete 14.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, abacab said:

Do folks really use everything in the KCE? If so, what's the main attraction over and above the Standard edition?

I suppose it's just because you get much more content and the price difference isn't always that much.

Last time I went from K12 ultimate to K13 CE.   That gave me quite a few extra bits that I wouldn't have got from K13 ultimate.   The Cremona strings for example, which are excellent.  You can do a compare on the various versions on the NI website.

This time I don't see a huge amount that I want in K14 CE so I'm happy to wait for the upgrade price to be much more attractive.

Edited by simon

9 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yep. Cremona Strings made KU13CE worthwhile. Omnia Choir and Ashlight don’t do as much for KU14CE. 

Same for me. Cremona Strings are top-notch, and going from 11U to 13CE was a pretty nice upgrade.

14CE doesn't thrill me. I am indifferent to Ashlight, and while Choir Omnia looks pretty nice, I've already got a half-dozen choir libraries I don't use (and a few that I do), including most of George Strezov's. So I don't see a real advantage to having this one -- at least, not $700 worth of advantage, anyway. 

Edited by Amicus717

7 hours ago, daveiv said:

How is the new factory library?

It's good, for what it is. Any purpose-built library will outperform a factory patch in a hundred different ways, but for a general purpose tool, the new Factory 2 patches are well-made and sound pretty good. And they are 100% a long-overdue upgrade to the original Factory library.  The difference is pretty big, to my ears.

They have the kind of strengths and limitations you'd expect: not a huge amount of detail or flexibility, but quality samples and easy-to-run scripting. I'd use the Factory 2 library for doing fast sketches on my laptop any day, and I probably will. They're perfect for that role. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Thanks 1