Directlink For Cakewalk by Bandlab

NumTarn

I am a happy Cakewalk by Bandlab, but recently bought a M-Audio Axiom Midi (49) Controller Keyboard, (second hand) to relace my other aging midi controller.

Although it seems to work, it was originally intended to work best with the addition of Directlink. It appears this software is no longer compatible / downloadable.

I am wondering if anyone has a link to it or any experience with it, to setup  a system that is sync'd better with Cakewalk. Thanks  

2 hours ago, NumTarn said:

it seems to work

I assume that "Directlink" is the mapping software that used to come with the Axiom.

It's probably not needed in order to the Axiom to be able to control parameters in Cakewalk as long as each control is sending standard MIDI CC. There are multiple methods for setting up control surfaces in Cakewalk depending on what you want to do with the controls (transport and faders, or plug-in parameters, etc.).

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2022 at 10:59 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I assume that "Directlink" is the mapping software that used to come with the Axiom.

It's probably not needed in order to the Axiom to be able to control parameters in Cakewalk as long as each control is sending standard MIDI CC. There are multiple methods for setting up control surfaces in Cakewalk depending on what you want to do with the controls (transport and faders, or plug-in parameters, etc.).

I have a similiar control panel too and I am confused as to how to set it up with the faders and everything... please help!