NORDISK KONTRABASS for $33.80 USD; Reg $169

PavlovsCat

6 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

This was €49 last Black Friday.

@Reid Rosefelt Do you know if the Nordic Cello has ever gone on sale for a similarly discounted price? I realize it's a more recent library. But it's the one I'm really after. It's either that or the Sonixenima Solo Cello -- or both.  Since I was a kid, I've been in love with strings, but especially the cello.  Also, do you own either library? If so, I'd love to get your thoughts on it.   

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

Got it in January. Would love to get that cello too. 

@Fleer While I posted the sale, I haven't decided if I'm going to get the Kontrabass yet. It sounds great for doing effects, but I mainly want to use melodic patches that I play -- I have no interest in loops either. Basically, if I use this, I would want it to accompany piano for folk rock or rock pieces. What do you think of it for that purpose? I suspect it may be mostly useful for effects than melodic playing. I'd love to get your insights. 

12 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Fleer While I posted the sale, I haven't decided if I'm going to get the Kontrabass yet. It sounds great for doing effects, but I mainly want to use melodic patches that I play -- I have no interest in loops either. Basically, if I use this, I would want it to accompany piano for folk rock or rock pieces. What do you think of it for that purpose? I suspect it may be mostly useful for effects than melodic playing. I'd love to get your insights. 

Folk rock more than rock, PC, but you can get quite creative with it. Much more than your run-of-the-mill double bass ;)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Folk rock more than rock, PC, but you can get quite creative with it. Much more than your run-of-the-mill double bass ;)

This purchase is on you, Fleer! I need to curb my GAS. All it took was your posting it's good for folk rock. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Reid Rosefelt Do you know if the Nordic Cello has ever gone on sale for a similarly discounted price? I realize it's a more recent library. But it's the one I'm really after. It's either that or the Sonixenima Solo Cello -- or both.  Since I was a kid, I've been in love with strings, but especially the cello.  Also, do you own either library? If so, I'd love to get your thoughts on it.   

I've been very intrigued by this and other HAVE Audio instruments, but even when they were very discounted last BF, I didn't pull the trigger on any of them.

I went for the entire solo Untamed Strings set at Westwood Instruments instead.  Their approach is more to my liking.  The new Evolution series instruments are designed in a similar way. 

The HAVE stuff is probably great, but you can't HAVE everything.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I've been very intrigued by this and other HAVE Audio instruments, but even when they were very discounted last BF, I didn't pull the trigger on any of them.

I went for the entire solo Untamed Strings set at Westwood Instruments instead.  Their approach is more to my liking.  The new Evolution series instruments are designed in a similar way. 

The HAVE stuff is probably great, but you can't HAVE everything.

Same here regarding Have Audio instruments. I have been considering them for a couple of years, but never pulled the trigger until today (it took one favorable recommendations from Fleer; man am I a sucker for strings). I couldn't resist at $33.80 USD. But I still want either their Nordic Cello or the Sonixenima Solo Cello.

To be very candid, I don't even have enough hard drive space for this library, so it's time to buy another hard drive. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 1