Rebelle 5 pro for $10 - 10 Years of Escape Motions 🎉 | All Apps for $10

Dorondon

2012 - the year it all started. Today, we celebrate our 10th anniversary by giving you a chance to get Rebelle ($149.99), Flame Painter ($89.99), Amberlight ($89.99) and Inspirit ($29.99) for $10 for the next 10 days. 
So everyone can be an artist! 

Today we also celebrate you - the artist who made this exciting journey possible. We thank you for every email, every forum post, and every social media mention. Seeing how you use our software and what you can create with it never stop astonishing us.

Celebrate with us and get our software for $10 only!

Really like Rebelle , it probably has the best watercolor engine out there

https://www.escapemotions.com/shop

• Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

33 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I had all the latest versions except Rebelle. My version was 4.0 (non Pro).

I got Rebelle Pro for ~ $10. Is this license valid only for 10 days?

Really hope not :) , the price of $10 dollars is for the next 10 days and then goes back to $150 , I got rebelle 3 before from humble bundle and think it's a great deal if you're looking for that kind of software 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Looks interesting.

Is there any real need to get any of the papers, canvases or other stuff that they sell separately? They remind me of game DLCs.

I got 3 from humble bundle along with various papers and stuff, and at least for me it didn't matter that much that it came with other papers , maybe for others it does ,  also other than papers they don't sell stuff for it (from what I know) , you can also download free brushes from the community at their site , 

Other than than they sell other apps that while I also got from the bundle I haven't used much so I really don't know if it's worth it for them

Rebelle 5 was a $50 upgrade IIRC, so this is a great deal. Rebelle got its start with watercolor, so its realism is incredible and pretty much the best out there... the water content and bleed is crazy accurate (blowing on the canvas, drying it, etc). It expanded beyond watercolor over time, and has a significantly less RAM requirement than Painter, but I have shifted to Painter more due to features I use often (picture-to-painting, cloning, color tinting, etc.). Rebelle is more of a realistic painting program where you have a canvas and a truckload of tools to paint with.

As with all things, check out the trial version if interested; and this is another program that a stylus gets the most out of, even more so than Painter IMO because the brush angle in Rebelle can be critical to paint application (it is that realistic).

5 hours ago, mettelus said:

Rebelle 5 was a $50 upgrade IIRC, so this is a great deal. Rebelle got its start with watercolor, so its realism is incredible and pretty much the best out there... the water content and bleed is crazy accurate (blowing on the canvas, drying it, etc). It expanded beyond watercolor over time, and has a significantly less RAM requirement than Painter, but I have shifted to Painter more due to features I use often (picture-to-painting, cloning, color tinting, etc.). Rebelle is more of a realistic painting program where you have a canvas and a truckload of tools to paint with.

As with all things, check out the trial version if interested; and this is another program that a stylus gets the most out of, even more so than Painter IMO because the brush angle in Rebelle can be critical to paint application (it is that realistic).

How are Rebelle's factory paper/brush pack? Would you need to buy extra add-ons

13 hours ago, daveiv said:

From my perspective, the defaults Rebelle comes with are adequate; there is quite a bit of versatility in how brushes can be adjusted for each paint type. As some paints are thick, the paper won't affect much, but it could with water colors or thin applications. The additional items can also be purchased later on as well if needed.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, daveiv said:

I haven't really tested the differences but I do have some of the add on papers.  They are PNG files and don't appear to be special from a technical perspective.  

https://www.escapemotions.com/community/forum/t/2605/how-to-make-custom-canvas-paper

• Thanks 2

They have a FAQ about the new features in rebbelle 5 and pro : https://www.escapemotions.com/community/forum/t/2108/what-are-the-new-features-of-rebelle-5

of which Pro has  what they call

NanoPixel - High-Res Paintings & Canvases

and also - Pigments Color Mixing

They also have a tutorial on their papers, and explain that the texture actually affects how the paints goes and propagates on the canvas:

6 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I'm thinking of getting this for daughter and not sure if this is compatible with Chromebook.....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's not. Windows and Mac OS only.

System requirements

Minimum:
Intel i5 or equivalent AMD processor,
4 GB RAM,
200 MB hard disk space,
a graphics card with 1 GB RAM (OpenGL 3.3 required for Rebelle Pro),
Windows 10 (64-bit) or Mac OS X 10.14

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I'm thinking of getting this for daughter and not sure if this is compatible with Chromebook.....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Krita is really good for digital painting, vector design, and animation.

• Great Idea 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, mettelus said:

I just realized why they did this. Rebelle 6 is out on the street now. Some of the new processing features are impressive, especially the nanopixel tools. Watching that video now.

https://www.escapemotions.com/products/rebelle/about

Looks like nanopixel technology is already available in Rebelle 5 Pro. Looking at the list of new features a $75 upgrade isn't very appealing to me.

This is a pretty significant update. Bear in mind that Rebelle got its start being the most realistic watercolor app, so a lot of features in Painter were not there. The new fractal resizing is impressive. I have been working with scans of 8.5x11 drawings done years ago at 300 dpi, so default to resizing them before painting, but when zooming you get the pixelated effect at some point. The fractal resizing interpolates (also with liquify/warp tools) to alleviate that. Painter doesn't have the liquify tool, it is actually in Paintshop Pro, so Rebelle adding that directly to the app is a one-up on Painter (or porting it to Photoshop from Rebelle). Brushes are more detailed and you can add them to favorites (huge deal). I opened work from Rebelle 3 and brush specifics used are long since forgotten (Painter had this issue as well). Overall, they added a lot of things you would need to bounce into Photoshop for. This video is from a guy who doesn't really use Rebelle but reviews it. His presentation is better and more critical of the new changes. He mentioned that people who got Rebelle 5 after Nov 1 get 6 for free, so made me wonder when the deal in the OP expired (I assume it was before Nov 1).