Softube Chandler Limited Germanium Compressor

Heath Row

Musically fine-tuned,
meticulously re-created.

germanium-compressor-high-res-gui-2640px

A meticulous model of the Chandler Limited® Germanium Compressor that performs just like the hardware

An epic mojo machine: feels almost like a musical instrument, adding color & character to everything

Plug-in exclusive features: M/S processing, external sidechain, and more

A highly versatile mojo machine, capable of replacing multiple plug-ins in a chain – EQ, distortion, transient designer, you name it –

the Germanium Compressor is so much more than gain reduction. Engineered with an ear for music before mathematics,

this is a trusty companion for producers, recording engineers, and creative musicians of all kinds.

This is a meticulous model of the Chandler Limited® hardware, 

tested in our lab to ensure it performs like the hardware does, for the same excellent sound quality and inspiring vibe.

Music first

Everything in the Germanium Compressor is designed with an ear for music first. Ratios,

knee settings, and more, are all fine-tuned for use in the real world.

Colorful character

The FET gain reduction unit allows for delicious distortion and color.

Control the harmonics with a choice of clean or dirty compression.

Germanium, Silicon, Zener

Multiple different diode combinations allow for a ton of styles and options.

Softube & Chandler: recipe to rock

$125

https://www.softube.com/germanium-compressor

Indeed it is. I think it has been a bit cheaper, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I don't say this often about a $100+ plugin (and particularly a compressor of which we have thousands), but this one is well worth that kind of money.

I have very few go-to plugins, but this one always finds its way onto my drumbus or master or both.

I know nothing about this particular plugin but Coffee The PUn by Acustica Audio is said to be a portion of the Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control.

And it's a freebie and it's an EQ but maybe perhaps it has similar color or mojo. I tried it recently and it was great.

This is one of my favorite plug ins.  I don't know if Softtube did something different when they made this one, but it stands out to me, even compared to the other Chandler stuff.  The sidechain is a way more dramatic control than you'd expect.  Insanely good on live drums.  Too much feedback can make things sound cluttered here.  Zener hard is great for solid bass compression.  

I highly recommend demoing this before the sale runs out unless you are banking on a Black Friday sale.