"Love Song of the Reptilian Overlord" - with audiovisualizer vid

PhonoBrainer

This is a quick mix (any suggestions?) on a song that defines the axiom "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" . . .

Critiques sincerely appreciated:

Youtube vid with a weird "audio visualizer" . . .       or Soundcloud . . .

many thanks for the listen!

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 2

I was delivered that which I was expecting..... something far out!

That was really well mixed. Really loved all the sounds you had going and the beats. Liked how the bass was kinda dry in the solo and the bongos came in wet with reverb. Sounded nice. Sound effects in the middle reminded me of the Reptilian episode of Ancient Aliens!! It's got that 'scaly' sound to it!! : )

Tom revealing the true source of his emerald soul, that reptilian DNA.  Is this what I expected pretty much, nice fret-less bass, real or sample?

I did enjoy the eclectic nature of this @emeraldsoul the mix sounds OK, there are probably some minor tweaks you could make but there always is.

Thanks for sharing :) 

@Johnbee58 - thanks, it was fun to do. 

@amiller - many thanks - this is either a "cool" piece, or a "huh?" piece. Glad you liked it!

@bjornpdx - thanks Bjorn of pdx! The vocal effectery starts with a scat patch from Talkbox Jr (Kontakt I believe) and then I slather liberal amount of Filterfreak and other goddies from there. 

@Grem - thanks! I liked that wet/dry combo a lot as well. Glad it meets the scaly standard of George Noory and crew!!! For whom I wrote this one:

@Wookiee - you are correct sir, mud still lurks in the lowers, I think it's a kick drum allowed to wander north of 200hz. Will attack with reptillian vengeance. It's in my DNA. Thanks for the thinks!

@jesse g - thank you my quirk brother. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that wtf.

cheers,

-Tom

10 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Glad it meets the scaly standard of George Noory and crew!!! For whom I wrote this one:

Hooking up a cart to a Jaguar, never ever, would have occurred to me!! Nice video. Good song too! : )

Simply impeccable. Recently especially I have heard so many songs in here that I could change my modest listening habit to take place here. Much better music than one could think to hear on a music forum

• Like 1

@Grem - thanks a lot for taking the time to listen, glad you like it.

@jwnicholson78 - many thanks and glad you got through unscathed! Groove is where it is. Glad you liked it!

@daryl1968 - thanks me old mucker. Yep, that's a one pass with the infamous Baritone of Many Stories  :)  Thanks so much for your cool SCloud comments, really cool that. Hope you are well . . .

@kakku - nice compliment, and I agree, there is some great stuff coming onto this forum of late.

@Douglas Kirby - thanks for enjoying the ride, it's a weird one. Glad you liked the mix!

hey I put up a weird "audio visualizer" video on youtube, link is in the original post up there somewhere . . . it's an experiment in After Effects and video codec madness.

cheers all!

-Tom

Wow, Tom!

This is like a very cool and very wild ride to Roswell, New Mexico!🤩

Great instrumental with lots of fun elements and effects popping in and out and making a cool statement.  The bass, percussion and clean jazzy guitar that kicks in around the 2:19 mark was spectacular, and the mix is clean, punchy and fresh sounding.👍

Very cool stuff, brother Tom!  I never know what to expect from your eclectic song posts, and I'm always amazed just how talented you are and the high level of musicianship and production skills you possess!😀

Fantastic ride, buddy, have a good one!
Bob

I want to second what Bob said!  Very eclectic and experimental to my ears.  I enjoy the various textures and samples that come and go in this song, as well as the overall jazz vibe.  The mix has everything that I look for; balance, clarity, feel, and surprises.  Listening to you is kind of like opening a Christmas present, you never know what you'll get (unless it's from aunt Jane).  Congratulations, Tom!