day 17 of cold turkey nicotine withdrawal

pwal³

@pwalpwal   

Just writing to offer you encouragement  in your quest to quit smoking!

Someone I use to work with in the 1990's quit smoking a few years ago and said he wish he had the will power to quit sooner.  Now he can't stand the smell of it himself.
I believe he quit when covid-19 lock-down started. He said he realized that he was just smoking all day. Decided to go outdoors and started biking again.  Lost weight and is enjoying being outdoors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

I find it odd that calling me a lier isn't insulting.

I did not call you a liar.   I gave a direct response to your bold assertion that water cannot rinse out toxins [from] your body and your challenge to use Google to "prove" your claim.  

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I am not joking. 

Plus you have insulted me by saying "If you can't handle the truth . . . ."

Perhaps there is a language issue.

I did not insult you. I replied to your insults.  In the future please do not say things like "I hope you are joking" and "If you can't handle the truth . . . ." Saying "I find it odd that calling me a lier [sic] isn't insulting" is also disrespectful and demeaning.

I have spoken the truth. I have not been insulting to you in this discussion. Saying I called you a liar is not true. 

Edited by User 905133
deleted erroneous quotation marks around "I called you a liar"

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

We both seems to want the last word.

I am not that petty. I am interested in truth and accuracy.  Sometimes I will even stand up to people who are insulting, rude, mean, disrespectful, etc.  

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

I suggest an end to this and keep to the topic. Nicotine withdrawal.

I suggest you might want to post some links to research documenting the claim that drinking water doesn't help get rid of nicotine from the body thereby helping with withdrawal.

I took your advice to use Google to ask, "is there research on drinking water to detoxify from nicotine" and I stand by my position.

PS: Your  suggestion to "keep to the topic" (1) presumes I was off topic, (2) falsely implies I was off topic, etc.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add a PS; (1) fixed typo ("you" --> "your")

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Man... isn't it a nice day outside? Look at all the pretty clouds!! : )

1 hour ago, paulo said:

No it isn't.

Clouds aren't pretty, they're made of a lethal substance that can kill you.

Too late.  I just got back from a walk around the nearby pond armed with a bottle of healthy, detoxifying water lightly flavored with some freshly picked, new-growth, early-fall spearmint.   😜

• Haha 1

My cat says - there is no outside.  @PortableInside

279080366_10159079213952582_8244573254475297805_n.thumb.jpg.82c839d4e228c79465039af81369555b.jpg

Yeah, cigarettes, coffee and whatever elese - I have managed to kick it.  Not soda pop, though. That crap is nasty.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rain said:

Not soda pop, though. That crap is nasty.

Always amuses me when I see someone at Macca D's or some similar establishment ordering something like... triple cheeseburger with bacon, extra large fries, ice cream and a diet coke. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, paulo said:

Always amuses me when I see someone at Macca D's or some similar establishment ordering something like... triple cheeseburger with bacon, extra large fries, ice cream and a diet coke. 

My wife had a dear friend that passed away that always did that.  My wife kept trying to have her go see a nutritionist but she was in denial.  She would drink a 2-liter of diet coke a day at least. 

• Sad 1

On 10/8/2022 at 5:04 PM, User 905133 said:

Too late.  I just got back from a walk around the nearby pond armed with a bottle of healthy, detoxifying water lightly flavored with some freshly picked, new-growth, early-fall spearmint.   😜

How did you survive ;)

• Haha 1

Try Monk fruit.

It works pretty well without the bad effects of aspartime.

Of course I know we are all much too sweet to really need a sweetener.

"Hello TS, yes we are scoping the internet for candidates needed to participate in the next Guinness world record lying contest, and you just told probably the biggest whopper we've ever heard, would you be interested in entry?" 

• Haha 1