American avenue demo project

Paul Bush

The essential tune is quite nice.  I like the vocals and the groove.  As others have mentioned, there is some tweaking needed to take

care of some out of time rhythms.   Is it possible that you have a long delay set on a percussion part?  Please repost when you get that dialed!

-Eric

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for the advice , I couldnt see the wood for trees type situation which is why this forum is so helpful for a one man band like myself , right so Ive deleted some bass drum hits and made some space Ive now finished the mixdown and i´ll post it cheers P

Hi Paul . . . just had a listen on SC and have great appreciation for what you done here, what a great sounding track ! (hear a few drum timing vs. guitar issues at the very start of the piece, but the groove certainly settles in after that) You recorded those vocals and harmonies very large and clear, and some stellar guitar work along the way. Great stuff, great songwriting, nice change ups, as always. This one has a very catchy melody in the verse and chorus, really enjoyable to listen to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hi Paul . . . just had a listen on SC and have great appreciation for what you done here, what a great sounding track ! (hear a few drum timing vs. guitar issues at the very start of the piece, but the groove certainly settles in after that) You recorded those vocals and harmonies very large and clear, and some stellar guitar work along the way. Great stuff, great songwriting, nice change ups, as always. This one has a very catchy melody in the verse and chorus, really enjoyable to listen to.

Thanks Noynekker, I ironed out some glitches and did a much better mixdown although somehow betwen 07 13 seconds is a glitch that i cant identify , i think i´m going deaf , yeah i had a lot of fun with this one , after a long hot summer break  I was ready to play about in the studio check out the master mix  thanks for the lovely comments always appriciated cheers paul

35 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Paul - really like the track - there is something there in the rhythm section that does feel wrong - perhaps the bass - apart from that, this is a great track.

Really enjoyed it

Nigel

Hi Nigel and  JW , I did the mixdown deleting some bass drums so that it doesnt sound too muddled as before thanks for the nice comments  cheers paul