Audio dropout

Tim Consley

Question

I just installed CbB on a new computer. As I play my files, I'm having sound dropouts for a couple seconds as the song keeps moving and then the sound comes back on. It does this occasionally throughout the song. No alarms or anything. I've adjusted the buffer back and forth, but it doesn't make any difference.  Anyone have a thought? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

This is a common problem new comers often have. It can depend a lot on the audio device you are using, what driver mode you have and what your audio buffers are set to.  Please tell the community more about your windows version and audio settings are for people to help.  

Most common causes are you are not running a separate audio interface from what Windows is using,  the audio driver selected is not optimal for playback or you have some system background process that is taking too much time.

I recommend looking at the documenation for the audio settings or try some tutorials like this 

1 hour ago, Tim Consley said:

As I play my files, I'm having sound dropouts for a couple seconds as the song keeps moving and then the sound comes back on. It does this occasionally throughout the song.

This could be a Plug-In that has not been authorized and so is in Demo Mode.