Pro Tools Intro Free DAW

satya

2022.9 update adds ARA 2 Melodyne support and Aux I/O for easy audio routing to and from other software and hardware

In terms of specs, Pro Tools Intro gives you eight audio tracks, eight instrument tracks and eight MIDI tracks. Unlike in Pro Tools | First, there’s AAX support - so you can run compatible third-party plugins - and Pro Tools Intro uses the standard .ptx session format.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthklhp3GozCN3aeBfiGYHQ?feature=emb_ch_name_ex

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/intro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Musicradar write:

As well as being offered as a standalone download, Pro Tools Intro also comes baked-in to all Pro Tools 2022.9 installations, meaning that, if your paid subscription or trial version of that software expires, you’ll still have a DAW that offers basic functionality. We should also mention that Pro Tools Intro can be installed and used without the need for an iLok.

• Thanks 1

I found this interesting from Avid site:

"Thirdly, unlike Pro Tools | First, all qualified third-party AAX plugins will run in Pro Tools Intro, opening up a huge number of paid and free plugins that you can use from the community of Pro Tools plugin developers. "

People with a collection of plugins with aax versions suddenly have a usable free version of pro tools.

• Thanks 2

Friend does use Pro Tools, he was put off with Cakewalk because it was free and what "some" people say but he has since  seen me using Cakewalk firsthand, editing midi, creating my own samples, recording and comping, my libraries and my range of plugins including the stock. Yep he could believe it.  Due to it being free and so good, all the other DAWS manufacture's attack it and probably pay for people to spread bollox.   Another friend uses Logic on a Mac because they like everything mac. Iv'e been giving some productions lesson and some tips, so hes like how you do that on logic and i just find they made quite a few things on logic long winded and no logical in that irony. People don't realise how good cakewalk is in reality 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kurre said:

Musicradar write:

As well as being offered as a standalone download, Pro Tools Intro also comes baked-in to all Pro Tools 2022.9 installations, meaning that, if your paid subscription or trial version of that software expires, you’ll still have a DAW that offers basic functionality. We should also mention that Pro Tools Intro can be installed and used without the need for an iLok.

Musicradar is wrong. I read the same so I decided to try to download Pro Tools Intro. It asked for my iLok account before I could download it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I found this interesting from Avid site:

"Thirdly, unlike Pro Tools | First, all qualified third-party AAX plugins will run in Pro Tools Intro, opening up a huge number of paid and free plugins that you can use from the community of Pro Tools plugin developers. "

People with a collection of plugins with aax versions suddenly have a usable free version of pro tools.

I deleted all my aax plugins because I had no use for them and they were taking up space. Now whatumigonna do?  Good thing I have no use for Pro Tools.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

In terms of specs, Pro Tools Intro gives you eight audio tracks, eight instrument tracks and eight MIDI tracks.

So no limitations/exclusions other than track count?  Might be interesting to see what all the fuss is about after all these years.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I deleted all my aax plugins because I had no use for them and they were taking up space. Now whatumigonna do?  Good thing I have no use for Pro Tools.

It genuinely feels nice not having to worry about AAX plugins.  I remember the days of RTAS too... *shivers*

Love my VSTs and looking forward to CLAP

• Like 3