Humble Painter, PaintShop and VideoStudio Pro 2022 Bundle $30

BTP

11 minutes ago, abacab said:

Speaking of value, the cost of buying Painter 2023 directly from Corel is $339 for full, or $179 for an upgrade. https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/

So I would say that getting the full version of Painter 2022 for $31 is a steal!!! Even if it is not the latest, greatest version.

In most Humble Bundles that I have bought, many of the bundled items are of no interest to me, and I only install what I want. Still always an excellent value! 

While it is a good value on the surface.  I bought 2019 and never used it before getting 2020 the following year.  No different than plugins, if you don't end up using it...also money wasted.  

If it is software you plan to really use, crazy good value.

24 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

While it is a good value on the surface.  I bought 2019 and never used it before getting 2020 the following year.  No different than plugins, if you don't end up using it...also money wasted.  

If it is software you plan to really use, crazy good value.

Well then, there's probably a whole lot of questionable  acquisitions on the "Deals" forum! 

GAS! 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

That is my experience also as I have two different versions of Painter, CorelDraw, etc.

But the listing specifically states DRM Free.  Thus why I'm looking for specific confirmation on this deal.

I see, and I wouldn't be able to confirm it either way, as my computers are already "infected" with DRM. You will obviously need a fresh "victim" to be your guinea pig!

That is a curious "Redeem on DRM-free, Other Platform" note on the product listing. Almost wonder if that is a typo? https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/204277138-How-to-Download-DRM-Free-Content

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Speaking of value, the cost of buying Painter 2023 directly from Corel is $339 for full, or $179 for an upgrade. https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/

Corel's a bit tricky with their marketing. I get emails (and desktop popups :() all the time with discounts ranging from 10% to 30%. About once a year (at a random time), they used to do a 50% sale - it'd also be there if you buy from within the Painter app, rather than the website.

Unfortunately, Corel is pretty good about stripping older versions off web sites. I cannot find the trial version for 2022, but 2023 has a trial version available. For those that have never had Painter before, that would be an option to try it out before buying... you would want to check brush performance on your system for sure. There are also a lot of videos online showing it in action. Some features are similar to PaintShop Pro, and some brushes are common with Particle Shop (this is typically a freebie with PaintShop Pro, but someone could confirm if that is included).

• 1 month later...