Humble Painter, PaintShop and VideoStudio Pro 2022 Bundle $30

BTP

Create your signature style with the world-class painting and photo-art tools of Corel Painter 2022.

Expand your Painter canvas with over a dozen Brush Packs and Paper Packs.

Create and edit movies with the intuitive tools and creative effects of VideoStudio Pro 2022

Plus PaintShop Pro 2022, AfterShot Pro 3, and more!

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/anything-but-ordinary-painter-bundle-software

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I first loaded the page:

Pay more than the average of €30.96 for these 26 items

5 minutes later:

Pay more than the average of €31.05 for these 26 items

Yeah, screw that. I'm fine if the middle bundle is BTA*, but I don't like it when the price of the full bundle increases with time like that.

* Beat The Average

14 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

When I first loaded the page:

5 minutes later:

Yeah, screw that. I'm fine if the middle bundle is BTA*, but I don't like it when the price of the full bundle increases with time like that.

* Beat The Average

Might be a region thing, in the USA there is no need to BTA to get the top tier bundle.  It is strightup $30 (only more if you choose).

This is the part I want to know about.  Is Painter 2022 here actually DRM-Free?

image.png.230add8bb68d3faefcfd0a4707608c9c.png

I have 2019 and 2020 and both are the typical 2 computer limit authorization.  If I can install this one on a handfull of my own machines, I'm interested again.

16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Might be a region thing, in the USA there is no need to BTA to get the top tier bundle.  It is strightup $30 (only more if you choose).

That's weird. I keep seeing this:

Pay more than the average of €30.87 for these 26 items

But actually now that I look at it more carefully I'm not interested in the full bundle. The price of the 23 item bundle seems to be fixed and that would be enough for me.

I bought a similar bundle back in 2020 and it looks like all but one of the brush packs are new, so this could be a nice upgrade.

Looks like @telecode 101 was right: everyone wants our money today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is actually a very good deal. I have not seen this drop for a couple of years, and Corel does this for "last year's version" to promote upgrades going forward. Painter is the hardest one to on-ramp into (except for when it appears in this promotion), and has the most expensive upgrades as well (typically $150, then drops to $75ish). AfterShot Pro has been a $20 upgrade forever (one time), and VideoStudio Pro/PaintShop Pro are typically coupled together for around $50 upgrades (each year). For those that do not own these versions already, $30 for them is a great option. With the features included in these versions you may never need to upgrade them.

Caveat to this... the newer versions of Painter and PaintShop Pro are fairly memory intensive (recommended 16GB of RAM for Painter IIRC) and take longer to load than older versions (especially if you have addons/plugins), but have had some nice features added in the past couple of years. It is also recommended to have a stylus input for these if you want to get the most out of them (a mouse will do a lot of things, but the precision of a stylus will make use a lot easier, especially for freehand drawing).

Quick Edit: When this dropped in 2020, it basically only included Painter 2020 and CorelCAD 2019. The AfterShot Pro, VideoStudio Pro, and PaintShop Pro were added, but CorelCAD dropped. I have actually gotten some decent use from CorelCAD from various decking projects, but got that 2020 bundle because the minimum on-ramp into Painter at that time was $225 (for someone who has never owned a copy).

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cristian said:

Besides that, love the WinZip 1 year subscription that is included in the bundle. 😂

Yeah... don't install that, it is a waste of time and a pain to delete. If you need a zip utility that the OS cannot do for you, 7-Zip is still free.

• Great Idea 1

38 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

That's weird. I keep seeing this:

But actually now that I look at it more carefully I'm not interested in the full bundle. The price of the 23 item bundle seems to be fixed and that would be enough for me.

I bought a similar bundle back in 2020 and it looks like all but one of the brush packs are new, so this could be a nice upgrade.

Looks like @telecode 101 was right: everyone wants our money today.

Cost of paying more than the average to get the middle bundle vs getting Painter 2022 seems completly negligable, and Painter is the most "valuable" program in the lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cristian said:

Besides that, love the WinZip 1 year subscription that is included in the bundle. 😂

That was a shocker for me, I think my eyebrows raised in amazement. 😄
Maybe there are people that hate changing tools so much that they'd rather pay a subscription than change?

It seems to be subscription only now and comes with a bunch of extra features:

"The World's #1 Compression and File Sharing Software Suite."

The irony is that I pay only a bit more for Office 365 Family than they charge for WinZip Standard Suite and less than they charge for the WinZip Pro Suite.

I have been a user of CorelDraw for years. If you are into graphics and digital painting, then Painter is also a good deal. Never have really been a fan of PaintShop Pro. Adobe Photoshop Elements and Affinity Photo meet my needs well for photo editing.

I bought a Humble Bundle a while back that included Painter, Aftershot, VideoStudio, and CorelCad. I think I'm set OK for things as a graphics hobbyist!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Cost of paying more than the average to get the middle bundle vs getting Painter 2022 seems completly negligable, and Painter is the most "valuable" program in the lot.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the middle bundle has a fixed price and contains Painter. That's why I said I don't need the full bundle (with the fluctuating price), because I'm only interested in Painter and the brush packs.

But I agree that the difference is negligible. I'm complaining out of pricinciple. :)

• Meh 1

I got the bundle. It’s nice to have Painter updated to 2022. I used to have Painter 2021 purchased from Corel’s website during their sales, 2022 has some functionality enhancements that I needed like moving layers in groups and grayscale in navigator. Thank you for sharing the information about the bundle!

Edited by Marina

5 hours ago, pseudopop said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the middle bundle has a fixed price and contains Painter. That's why I said I don't need the full bundle (with the fluctuating price), because I'm only interested in Painter and the brush packs.

But I agree that the difference is negligible. I'm complaining out of pricinciple. :)

Well this is interesting, the deal changed this morning.  On my end I now see that the middle bundle is fixed price and also includes Painter 

Yesterday it included Paint Shop instead and the middle tier was the only pay above the average.

Ive done a lot of these bundles over many years.  I've seen some changes to wording after they catch something, but changing the tiers like this is a new one to me.

48 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Well this is interesting, the deal changed this morning.  On my end I now see that the middle bundle is fixed price and also includes Painter 

Yesterday it included Paint Shop instead and the middle tier was the only pay above the average.

Ive done a lot of these bundles over many years.  I've seen some changes to wording after they catch something, but changing the tiers like this is a new one to me.

That IS interesting. I can't say for sure if the middle bundle included Painter when I first viewed the page yesterday, but I'm sure about the prices at my end. Could be a bug or they are doing some kind of A/B testing.

Humble Bundle used to be less confusing.

2 hours ago, Marina said:

I got the bundle. It’s nice to have Painter updated to 2022. I used to have Painter 2021 purchased from Corel’s website during their sales, 2022 has some functionality enhancements that I needed like moving layers in groups and grayscale in navigator. Thank you for sharing the information about the bundle!

Any feedback if the 2022 version they are providing is actually DRM-Free?

17 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Speaking of value, the cost of buying Painter 2023 directly from Corel is $339 for full, or $179 for an upgrade. https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/

So I would say that getting the full version of Painter 2022 for $31 is a steal!!! Even if it is not the latest, greatest version.

In most Humble Bundles that I have bought, many of the bundled items are of no interest to me, and I only install what I want. Still always an excellent value! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abacab said:

In my experience Corel installs license protection. I believe it is called Protexis Licensing Service [PsiService_2.exe].

That is my experience also as I have two different versions of Painter, CorelDraw, etc.

But the listing specifically states DRM Free.  Thus why I'm looking for specific confirmation on this deal.