Cheapest Studio One 6 Pro Upgrade from 5 Pro?

Bapu

7 hours ago, heath row said:

No problems with Softube Tape, or any other of my plugins (2180) all went fine. Problem was probably like you said.

All up and running like nothing had happened here, theway it should be. 

Checked opening a few existing projects, all good.

I can hear TONEX calling, got to go.

Cable companies in Europe are no different than the ones in the U.S. I had an appointment for last Tuesday to be connected to the fiber network for internet. Early in the 4 hour tech arrival window, I got a call from their H.Q. that "No can do today. Next week." I now have two different "appointments," one for Sunday and one for Monday. Sheesh. I had to buy a data extension for my cell phone. My only internet access has been using it as a hot spot. And I have a smart TV that gets its programming via WiFi.

So, the Amplitube v5.5 update with Tonex will have to wait until Bouygues eventually gets me connected.

I haven't even been able to download the Syntronik 2 libraries I bought last June.

Edited by John Maar
  • Sad 3

Just a minor update.  The product key received from BestService doesn't work.  I have repeatedly logged into my Presonus account and clicked on Register new product.  I have copied/pasted and manually put in the key—in 2 different browsers.  

After pressing 'Enter' on the register tab, I get a box that says, "you must put in a product key to register a new product."  

I wrote to both BestService and Presonus.  

Any thoughts?   Cheers!

1 hour ago, balinas said:

Just a minor update.  The product key received from BestService doesn't work.  I have repeatedly logged into my Presonus account and clicked on Register new product.  I have copied/pasted and manually put in the key—in 2 different browsers.  

After pressing 'Enter' on the register tab, I get a box that says, "you must put in a product key to register a new product."  

It should work if you do the steps that Jeff and Yan mentioned.

Register new products is for registering brand new products, rather than upgrading - or at least in the case of Studio One.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Johnson said:

Log in to your account at my.presonus.com, go to your previous version of Studio One and you will see a button to update that version to 6 with the key you received.

3 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Had the same problem too and figured out the same thing for it to work.

3 hours ago, antler said:

It should work if you do the steps that Jeff and Yan mentioned.

Register new products is for registering brand new products, rather than upgrading - or at least in the case of Studio One.

Thanks much everyone.  Got all these answers pretty much at the same time, including a quick email from BestService.  That worked easily, and I am installing now.  

One thing that was a little funny, I purchased the 'update,'  Studio One 6 Professional Update, not the upgrade.  I have no idea what the difference is.  

Thanks again!

47 minutes ago, balinas said:

Thanks much everyone.  Got all these answers pretty much at the same time, including a quick email from BestService.  That worked easily, and I am installing now.  

One thing that was a little funny, I purchased the 'update,'  Studio One 6 Professional Update, not the upgrade.  I have no idea what the difference is.  

Thanks again!

The update is from any previous version of Pro. The upgrade is from any version of Artist.

• Thanks 2

Okay so yesterday I am quite sure Best Service's page explicitly said the update is for Studio One 5 Pro.
Today it no longer mentions version 5.
Does that mean this update could also work for Studio One 4 Pro (or even earlier)?

Because that would make the Best Service purchase about 54 € cheaper than the official PreSonus Store Update.

Edited by Cristian

Up until now I've almost always had the most recent version of SOP.  Not seeing a lot to justify $119 but I'm struggling more with whether to jump on the Cubase cross-grade sale for $215.99 which goes through Mon, Oct 3.  I regret not getting it during the post-Gibson era.  Like plugins, I've too many DAW's now and have no excuse for not being productive but surely I would be if I had Cubase!!  🤣

Kind of feel like it's time to fully commit to one or the other and may end up forking out the $119. 

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Kind of feel like it's time to fully commit to one or the other and may end up forking out the $119.

FWIW, I was looking through my BestService orders, and I updated to S15 Pro from 4 Pro in Dec 2020 for $79!  It was an Xmas sale for $99 plus a $20 coupon - I forget from where.  (Disclaimer: I am a total S1 fanboy. But if/when I feel this DAW gets too expensive, it's CW then Reaper for me - currently...)

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mibby said:

FWIW, I was looking through my BestService orders, and I updated to S15 Pro from 4 Pro in Dec 2020 for $79!  It was an Xmas sale for $99 plus a $20 coupon. (I forget from where.  (Disclaimer: I am a total S1 fanboy. But if/when I feel this DAW gets too expensive, it's CW then Reaper for me - currently...)

Yeah, it's always the things you don't have that are the shiniest!  But I also remember and took advantage of updating for $79 update and was a bit put off by the current update price.

Agree with your plan.  I started with Sonar XL and have stayed current even today.  I also like Reaper and still pull it up for quick and easy tasks - aside from CW, you just can't beat the price and efficiency of Reaper.  I probably haven't given myself a chance to really bond with S15 & should.

Thanks, comments here help keep me grounded!

Maybe OT, but to you S1 users, do you primarily hang out on the Presonus forums for questions, or somewhere else?

For example, I noticed when you select a chord in the MIDI editor, and use the chord UP macro button for shifting up chord inversions, after the first time, only the top note remains selected, so for subsequent shifts, you have to re-select the chord.  Where might I get the quickest answer for this?

21 minutes ago, pbognar said:

Maybe OT, but to you S1 users, do you primarily hang out on the Presonus forums for questions, or somewhere else?

For example, I noticed when you select a chord in the MIDI editor, and use the chord UP macro button for shifting up chord inversions, after the first time, only the top note remains selected, so for subsequent shifts, you have to re-select the chord.  Where might I get the quickest answer for this?

The forum is pretty good for getting questions answered.  You might also try here: https://answers.presonus.com/

Definitely not as "targeting" for specific questions, but I find lately I've been gravitating towards ANY video by Gregor.  I almost always come away from one of his videos learning something new. He's awesome!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...