Cheapest Studio One 6 Pro Upgrade from 5 Pro?

Bapu

1 hour ago, Patricio Campos said:

Well, considering Presonus will be launched one new version of Studio one per year it looks like subscribing to Sphere is the way to go. Doesn't make sense to buy the upgrade if it is almost the same cost as the yearly subscription. I will have to think about it. Anyone remember if Sphere subscriptions went on sale before?

I thought about this too, but as ALC has stated, you can get at least two years out of a Studio One release. I not sure I would use the extra stuff in Sphere to make it worth spending more money. I already own Notion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Campos said:

. . . Reaper. . . . . . . . . .I am getting tired of . . . .

I thought you were going to say, 'I'm getting tired of looking at that horrendous, hideous, God dang butt ugly UI'. 😇

But there you go.

Now that the comedic relief is done

I'm quite happy with the update, and $109.05 is a steal IMO

Studio One 6, the best gets better!!

55 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

If only my Canadian dollars weren't in the tank.

and the Australian, around $1.54AU to $1US, but you just got to push through and push that 'Buy' button, tell yourself 'It's for the best', 'you're doing it for the kids', or even 'one of the big kids made me do it', but just do it 😇

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

It looks like Best Service ran out of update keys.  Hopefully sorted before the weekend.  Perhaps it is SOP.  I don't recall where I got my past updates.

2022-09-29_14-06-55.jpg.cf08b69155b836f10bbc4cf06c58a816.jpg

I don't think they have got them from PreSonus yet, this is a reply I got when I contacted them about it...

Thank you for the order and please excuse the delay. 

Currently everyone is rushing to get an update and we are working on a quick delivery. 

We wanted to update our work stations in the office right away but the license is not yet available.

I hope it won't be long and we can all get started. 

You will be notified automatically as soon as the license is in your account.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ALC said:

Looking at the past release dates, it's been at least two years between major version numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_One_(software)

• 1.0.0: Sep. 2009
  • 2.0.0: Oct. 2011
  • 3.0.0: May 2015
  • 4.0.0: May 2018
  • 5.0.0: July 2020
  • 6.0.0: Sep. 2022

If you buy certain hardware, you have an option of choosing between Studio One Artist and a certain number of months of Sphere subscription.

Looks like there was a 30% sale on Sphere before.  https://rekkerd.org/presonus-sphere-studio-one-professional-notion-sale/

You are right. I think my timing was really bad. I purchased my license on February, 2022, so it was just 7 months and this new version was released. I am a little upset that now I should have to pay again.

I read somewhere that now that Presonus was acquired by Fender we should expect yearly version releases.

18 hours ago, rasure said:

I don't think they have got them from PreSonus yet, this is a reply I got when I contacted them about it...

As of 9 am eastern US time, BestService is selling updates/upgrades, but no codes are available yet.  

I like the idea of the new Lyric track, but I hope it eventually translates over to StudioOne Remote.  

UPDATE:  Around 3pm on the same day of purchase, I received the secret code!  Great.  So hopefully, they now have generated codes for everyone purchasing this product.  

Edited by balinas
clarification

Another sort of "subscription" option for the upgrade (not the cheapest - $150) is with Sweetwater - $5 per month for 36 months interest free (don't forget to add tax). Cross grades are about $9 per month.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S1v6PupP--presonus-studio-one-6-professional-upgrade-from-professional-producer-all-previous-versions

I used Thomann for the upgrade since I already have an account with them and have bought a lot from them in the past. 145 €.  I received my serial number immediately. Downloading the v6 installer now.

Note to self in the future. Do NOT try to register the upgrade serial number. Click on the product I'm trying to upgrade (SO5 Pro) and then click on the Upgrade button in that window. Took me a few failures to figure that out. Sheesh.

OK. The v6 installer download just finished. See ya later!

• Thanks 2

A couple of notes.

SO6 installed in a new directory, leaving the SO5 install in place.

The install properly migrated software settings, hardware configs and additional PreSonus purchases properly.

The Softube Tape plugin "hung" the plugin manager the first time through. I had to click on the Skip button to get it going again. I recently upgraded to Win11 2022H2 and that may have borked the authorization for it. I deactivated it with the iLok manager and reactivated it. Scanned no problem. Successfully added it to a song.

Edited by John Maar

8 hours ago, John Maar said:

A couple of notes.

SO6 installed in a new directory, leaving the SO5 install in place.

The install properly migrated software settings, hardware configs and additional PreSonus purchases properly.

The Softube Tape plugin "hung" the plugin manager the first time through. I had to click on the Skip button to get it going again. I recently upgraded to Win11 2022H2 and that may have borked the authorization for it. I deactivated it with the iLok manager and reactivated it. Scanned no problem. Successfully added it to a song.

No problems with Softube Tape, or any other of my plugins (2180) all went fine. Problem was probably like you said.

All up and running like nothing had happened here, theway it should be. 

Checked opening a few existing projects, all good.

I can hear TONEX calling, got to go.