Cheapest Studio One 6 Pro Upgrade from 5 Pro?

Bapu

After reading what's new I can't find a reason for upgrade. Really, I think this should have been a .5 update at most. Yeah, I know that 5.5 plus a .5 update equals 7, but the new features doesn't look enough for a version jump.

Now thinking in returning to Reaper. Still good with my license purchased on 2016 and valid until the current version. I am getting tired of these greedy companies.

• Like 4

New Pan features (Dual Pan is the best addition IMO)

Lyric Track

Expanded Fader view

Fader Flip

De-Esser

These are worth the $114.21 I paid for the upgrade YMMV.

6 minutes ago, Patricio Campos said:

Now thinking in returning to Reaper.

Reaper is a very nice DAW too. I use it occasionally but Studio One fits my workflow needs a little better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Lyric Track

Expanded Fader view

Fader Flip

De-Esser

Reaper is a very nice DAW too. I use it occasionally but Studio One fits my workflow needs a little better.

Well, actually Reaper had lots of Pan features and I seldom used them. Lyric tracks are a PITA to setup and sync with your project so in my case I am better off just printing the full lyrics. De-Esser... well I have a lot of good de-essers 🤪. Fader Flip looks like a nice addition but I don't think that in my case justify the upgrade. Maybe it is because I do this just as a hobby and not for living...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patricio Campos said:

Well, actually Reaper had lots of Pan features and I seldom used them. Lyric tracks are a PITA to setup and sync with your project so in my case I am better off just printing the full lyrics. De-Esser... well I have a lot of good de-essers 🤪. Fader Flip looks like a nice addition but I don't think that in my case justify the upgrade. Maybe it is because I do this just as a hobby and not for living...

Yup, I get where you're coming from. 🙂 

52 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I had some bestcoinz so.... $114.21 for me.

I'm a little excited for the lyric track.

The coolest thing about the lyric track is that you can navigate to any point in the project by just selecting a phrase.

I also like that you can de-clutter the workspace, depending on what activity you want to perform.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Lyric Track

Expanded Fader view

Fader Flip

De-Esser

Dynamic EQ with sidechain looks very nice. It looks like there are a lot of iterative improvements too. I have a Sphere subscription, so the upgrade is included in that.

Well, considering Presonus will be launched one new version of Studio one per year it looks like subscribing to Sphere is the way to go. Doesn't make sense to buy the upgrade if it is almost the same cost as the yearly subscription. I will have to think about it. Anyone remember if Sphere subscriptions went on sale before?

1 hour ago, Patricio Campos said:

Well, considering Presonus will be launched one new version of Studio one per year it looks like subscribing to Sphere is the way to go. Doesn't make sense to buy the upgrade if it is almost the same cost as the yearly subscription. I will have to think about it. Anyone remember if Sphere subscriptions went on sale before?

Looking at the past release dates, it's been at least two years between major version numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_One_(software)

• 1.0.0: Sep. 2009
  • 2.0.0: Oct. 2011
  • 3.0.0: May 2015
  • 4.0.0: May 2018
  • 5.0.0: July 2020
  • 6.0.0: Sep. 2022

If you buy certain hardware, you have an option of choosing between Studio One Artist and a certain number of months of Sphere subscription.

Looks like there was a 30% sale on Sphere before.  https://rekkerd.org/presonus-sphere-studio-one-professional-notion-sale/

Edited by ALC
  • Like 3