Midi routing to vst fx for autotuning vocals

schnibbelkram

Question

When loading a 32bit plug-in in Bitbridge, the standard header is in a separate window. Normally the header window is not opened.

To open the header window, hold down the ALT key when dropping the plug-in into the FX Rack from the browser or opening the plug-in UI. Usually the header window opens behind the plug-in UI.

Ok, so i downloaded a new Version of Gsnap, but the results are not a 100% sadisfying to me. Downloading the MFreeFXBundle right now.

@skook: I got it to work, but i haven`t found out how to route the midi track to several vocal/audio tracks with the autotune vst/effect. I can only send it to one track. Do i have to create a own midi track for each voice track? I guess there is a better way, right?

There are a couple of ways to distribute the same MIDI data to multiple targets.

The conventional method uses cloned the tracks and linked MIDI clips. Each MIDI track may send its data to a different output. Since the clips are linked, changing one clip affects them all. Of course, clips may be unlinked at any time to allow changes to clips in each MIDI track.

Another method uses a virtual MIDI cable (ex. LoopBe1). A MIDI track containing the data is routed to a virtual MIDI cable. MIDI tracks are created with their inputs set to the virtual MIDI cable and their outputs set to as needed.

Well, its a pretty simple song i made with children, and the melody for all singers is the same. What i want to do is have ONE Midi clip with the midi data of the melody, from where i can send it to every  (autotune fx ) vocal track for the different singers/takes . Is that possible. As far as is understood your last post, there has to be a midi track for each audio track  ,at least with the first method ?

A linked clip is effectively ONE MIDI clip and this is the traditional way Cakewalk provides for driving multiple targets with the same data.

Actually both methods use a MIDI track for each target (in this case multiple instances of a VST FX plug-in). A MIDI track output drop down is restricted to one output selection. only.

The only difference in the two methods described above is how MIDI tracks get their data: one uses linked clips, the other uses a virtual MIDI cable.

Ok, tried to figure this out via the documentation, but i just don`t understand it :

"Click the Track view Clips menu and choose Bounce to Clip(s)"

Can somebody make a screenshot for me about this, cause i can`t find "Bounce to Clip(s)" in the Track view. Maybe i`m blind, maybe the german translation of the programm is bad in this case, or my english is :-/

Bounce to clips will not merge clips on different tracks. Bouncing clips on multiple tracks renders the clips but leaves them where they are. So, in the case of MIDI clips, it may appear like nothing happened.

To have multiple instances of the same clip act like ONE clip  (whether on the same or different tracks) use Paste Special with "Link to Original Clip(s)" enabled when copying the clip.

I marked the Clip i want to copy/paste, but when i go to paste special it is not "activated" , the letters are not black but grey and i can`t use it. EDIT: Nevermind, i forgot to copy the clip first... I`M CONFUSED !!! 😕

Edited by schnibbelkram

Already covered that ground earlier

On 7/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, scook said:

There are a couple of ways to distribute the same MIDI data to multiple targets.

The conventional method uses cloned the tracks and linked MIDI clips. Each MIDI track may send its data to a different output. Since the clips are linked, changing one clip affects them all. Of course, clips may be unlinked at any time to allow changes to clips in each MIDI track.

Another method uses a virtual MIDI cable (ex. LoopBe1). A MIDI track containing the data is routed to a virtual MIDI cable. MIDI tracks are created with their inputs set to the virtual MIDI cable and their outputs set to as needed.

Multiple targets, in this case FX plug-ins, mean multiple MIDI tracks, one for each instance the plug-in.

The for these tracks may be linked clips or  a "master track" connected via a virtual MIDI cable.