Plugin Alliance: Boom $20 Voucher / Free plugins! (No minimum spend)

MusicMan

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Sheesh, I tried entering the code for "any plug-in $29.99" and it spit it back saying that I needed a certain number of products in my cart or something.

Whatever, I snagged the B15N for free and it is definitely ALL THAT as bass amps go. Got me much closer to the War B.B. Dickerson growl.

Clicking on the plexi glow panel is a nice surprise, a noise gate and power soak, choice of cabs.

That is strange. At least you got something that you wanted!

8 hours ago, Frank said:

September voucher is only valid for the listed plugins.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/pick-any-1.html

Correct. And Neoverb is in the list. So SK should have been able to use the voucher on Neoverb. Though, now that I reread Erik's messages, I see that he was taking a pass on Neoverb. So he may have had a plugin in his cart that was  not on the list when he tried to apply the voucher.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

he may have had a plugin in his cart that was  not on the list when he tried to apply the voucher.

Indeed, this. I have to confess to being confused as heck at this point regarding PA discounts. I think I was trying to stack SHMC-A and B15N.

I did take a pass on the Neoverb. Nice-sounding 'verb, but I have more reverbs than I need anyway. Dang, that's a nice thing to be able to say in good confidence.

To me, reverb (and saturation/distortion) is the only category of effect where its inherent character is critical to my producing a mix that I like. Compression, EQ, delay, flavors of modulation, it's more about how the controls are presented and how intuitive/flexible they are. And that is important as it affects my enjoyment of and enthusiasm for using a given processor. But they don't sound as qualitatively different as reverbs do to me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, locrian said:

Did the "BOOM-20-OFF" voucher expire?

image.thumb.png.af1ce59545e556a66b6aa664be0c99f5.png

Yes. We are now on the next level.

Use code MEGA-25-OFF2 to save $25 extra today!

- Code is valid for one (1) order per user
- $39 minimum spend

MEGA-25-OFF2

Copy/paste voucher code during checkout! Yesterday's BOOM-20-OFF voucher has now expired and is no longer valid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I already had Noveltech's Vocal Enhancer, which is pretty much the same thing but tuned for vocals. I actually use it now and then, especially when I'm working with dull vocal tracks that somebody else recorded. Character, otoh, seems to work best on acoustic drums and low-pitched percussion.

I've been on the fence about the Vocal Enhancer too. But been looking around for alternatives as well.

How do you find it?

On 9/30/2022 at 8:24 AM, Starship Krupa said:

True.

Stratus seems to be a surround reverb?

When I got my first Exponential reverbs Phoenix and R2 were the only ones available at $9.99 a pop. Single-seaters, so 2 of each. Then a while later PB put Nimbus and R4 on sale for $9.99, and I couldn't resist those modulated tails. 2 of each again.

Of course, now my 2 licenses apiece for Phoenix and R2 are superfluous and due to the iLok transfer fees, it doesn't even make sense to give them away.

Since the only reverb I've heard that can touch the Exponential stuff is MturboReverble, I don't mind the licensing stuff. It is what it is, and the fact that they're single-seaters that require an iLok 2 probably contributes to the peanuts prices.

Stratus is, but also a great on stereo tracks as well.

Your journey with Exponential is pretty similar to mine. I picked up Phoenix for dirt cheap with a freebie at Plugin Boutique and then bought another copy so it could be used on multiple machines. Then ended up getting Nimbus and R4 along the way. Still not bad for you to keep to open up old projects, especially as like you mentioned, they're hard to sell once they're registered.

I recently got Symphony 3D and Stratus 3D in a bundle and so I've been giving them a demo before regsitering. I haven't decided if I'll keep them yet and might sell, or swap them. Not because they're not amazing reverbs, they definitely are and are up there with my favourites, it's just that I have so many great reverbs already! But I'm still struggling with the idea of not keeping them as I really like them anyway.. the G.A.S. is real 🤣

I just checked out that MTurboReverb and that looks pretty cool too. I can imagine that being a good one as well and to rate alongside Exponential is quite the achievement.

The Exponentials support machine activation and iLok 2 or 3 from memory, so apart from the diehard iLok haters, it should keep most people moderately happy 🤣

23 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks! I get Plugin Alliance emails, but by the time I look at my non personal emails, most of the sales have expired! 

Welcome Peter and glad it helped 🙂 This forum has saved me from that on more than one occasion too! Especially if it's from a smaller dev where I use a secondary email address I don't check as much too. It's also faster to weed out the repetitive Waves like standard price sales by coming here instead of my email as well 🤣

21 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Sheesh, I tried entering the code for "any plug-in $29.99" and it spit it back saying that I needed a certain number of products in my cart or something.

Whatever, I snagged the B15N for free and it is definitely ALL THAT as bass amps go. Got me much closer to the War B.B. Dickerson growl.

Clicking on the plexi glow panel is a nice surprise, a noise gate and power soak, choice of cabs.

Very impressed and surprised by the B15N. That now ranks as one of my favourite bass sims which for free is pretty epic!

• Like 2

Just some thanks to everyone here. I've interacted with a bunch of you over the years and most of you know a lot more about effects and mixing than me, so I read your comments,  likes and dislikes to guide me through the effects and try things out. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this, so guys, when you're geeking out about gear you love as well as what  you find disappointing, that's really helpful. So thanks, all. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just some thanks to everyone here. I've interacted with a bunch of you over the years and most of you know a lot more about effects and mixing than me, so I read your comments,  likes and dislikes to guide me through the effects and try things out. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this, so guys, when you're geeking out about gear you love as well as what  you find disappointing, that's really helpful. So thanks, all. 

Ditto! I can't even begin to say how many plugins I've picked up (or not) based on reviews here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mibby said:

Ditto! I can't even begin to say how many plugins I've picked up (or not) based on reviews here.

And you know 100x  more than I do about mixing! But yeah, it's really valuable to have folks talk about their experiences -- good and bad -- with plugins (and libraries) and what they think is really useful for certain applications. Often, I see posts from people way more knowledgeable than me on mixing -- like you -- and I read what they wrote and try stuff out. I just want to make sure people realize that when they're making those posts, they have a value beyond what they may realize. So please, everyone keep sharing your thoughts and geeking out. A lot of times when people post something is a great deal, like a compressor, I'm wondering if it might be useful tome, so when someone writes about the kind of applications where they use it, it's often very helpful in my early research process to determine if I should be spend money on it. 

Unrelated, I have been listening to this song again and again and Polyphia has become my new standard for my music  -- consequently, I'll be selling everything off this weekend. 

I kid, I kid. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

BOOM! $20 off
Minimum Spend $29 

Use code BOOM-20-OFF-29 to save $20 extra today!

- Code is valid for one (1) order per user
- $29 minimum spend (net)

BOOM-20-OFF-29

Copy/paste voucher code during checkout!
Yesterday's voucher has now expired and is no longer valid!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1