Plugin Alliance: Boom $20 Voucher / Free plugins! (No minimum spend)

MusicMan

4 minutes ago, wyley said:

I just picked up Neoverb for $9.99. I've never done a PA_Ext plugin before, I wonder how long it takes to get the code.

I never picked up anything from Izotope from the PA_EXT but the other ~5 or so I bought previously were delivered in a couple minutes...so this is "different"

12 minutes ago, wyley said:

I just picked up Neoverb for $9.99. I've never done a PA_Ext plugin before, I wonder how long it takes to get the code.

The same here. Just received the same "Thank you for your Order" confirmation mail as if I had bought a PA plugin. - But no iZotope serial / redeem code. Strange...

7 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

How do I get Neoverb for $9.99? I have the monthly $25 voucher, the $20 no limit voucher, but Neoverb is listed as being $245.

By my calculations, though, I should be able to get B15N and Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A for $9.99.

The monthly voucher is no longer a $25 voucher, but an "any plugin for $29.99" voucher. Combine that with the $20 no limit voucher and you come up with $9.99.

• Thanks 1

Question for the Neoverb-equipped:

Phoenix leveled my mixes up so much that I wound up buying about $80 in $10 PB licenses for R2, R4, Nimbus....I get that the algos are probably the same, because, y'know, it would be very difficult to improve on them.

I'm interested to see what iZotope have added to the party, but I have concern that they also added the notorious iZotope hunger for CPU cycles. What's the experience with that?

I'll be downloading it for testing, but an hour or so might not reveal everything.

Weighing the choice between this or the aforementioned SHMC-A/B15N combo.

51 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm interested to see what iZotope have added to the party, but I have concern that they also added the notorious iZotope hunger for CPU cycles. What's the experience with that?

I haven't used it enough to give you decent feedback but the anecdotal evidence suggests it's fairly CPU heavy.
Certainly to the level where it's worth giving it a good test if you are a demanding user.
As someone who's projects are fairly light and for whom it came in a bundle, it wasn't an issue for me either way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Question for the Neoverb-equipped:

Phoenix leveled my mixes up so much that I wound up buying about $80 in $10 PB licenses for R2, R4, Nimbus....I get that the algos are probably the same, because, y'know, it would be very difficult to improve on them.

I'll be downloading it for testing, but an hour or so might not reveal everything.

Weighing the choice between this or the aforementioned SHMC-A/B15N combo.

Now I'm not on a great machine for this example but in terms of resources they are in two totally different catergories

image.png.827cae3e866de20431c47815ddf0f1c1.png

image.png.524496a0ad8afef9a73508bfe5fa2d50.png

image.png.fa27e4bd4c1d70531f807a100c00d00d.png

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I answered my own question about Neoverb. Maybe I'll get it 5 years from now in a $12 PB sale when my computers have been further upgraded, but for now, pass.

Using Cakewalk's Performance module: Pianissimo in a 2 bar loop. With FX bypassed, engine load is 4-7%. A single instance of Nimbus on the track, load is 8-11%. A single instance of Neoverb, load is 17-25%.

Using PlugIn Doctor's "performance" graph (which I don't completely understand) concurs.

Neoverb's preset collection of "over 100 inspiring presets" is much smaller than the massive lists in the Exponential reverbs. Not that big a deal since I tend to stick with about 3 of the Exponential presets. The auto EQ thing is pretty nice, though.

It seems like Shadow Hills Class A (which I want for its M/S functionality) will see more action around here.

The ad copy, though. 🙄

"....hand-wiring each compressor with Mogami Cable, an important factor when Brainworx Audio modeled one of these...." Yeah, I can hear the Belden in the green version, it just doesn't have that characteristic Mogami smoothness.

"With the gain set to identical values on both versions of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, the Class A hardware version clocks in roughly 1-3 dB hotter, delivering a thicker and richer tone to whatever is running through it." Really? REALLY? I guess they took Marty DiBergi's "why not just make 10 louder?" to heart.

Edited by Starship Krupa

8 hours ago, LittleStudios said:

Just snagged the Ampeg B-15N... soooo nice.

That's what I got as a freebie as well. I was just about to pull the trigger on one of the other bass amps and then demoed B-15N and it was an instabuy. Damn that thing sounds good!

The others were good options too, but there was just something about that tone and also how it sounded when driving the gain sold me on it 🙂

• Like 1

I picked up Noveltech Character for zero bucks. Not something I needed, as I have other saturators and don't really use saturation much anyway. But the price was right.

I already had Noveltech's Vocal Enhancer, which is pretty much the same thing but tuned for vocals. I actually use it now and then, especially when I'm working with dull vocal tracks that somebody else recorded. Character, otoh, seems to work best on acoustic drums and low-pitched percussion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

The way it works is that the designer has two streams of reverbs (Phoenix, Nimbus, Stratos) and (R2, R4, Symphony), one set is transparent, the other is more coloured /character reverb.

So R4 is newer than R2 and Stratos is newer again, expanded and I think most seem to include the main presets of the previous version.

So you probably don't need all of them, just the latest one. In saying that, sometimes you might prefer the interface and given the older versions are much cheaper it doesn't hurt to pick them up anyway. I personally wouldn't pay full price for any of them.

Neoverb sits outside of those streams and is a completely different approach really and has interesting controls for blending between plate, hall, spring, or something like that.

Exponential reverbs definitely sound good to me. Neoverb I need to spend more time with to say. It didn't grab me as much at first, but it's different to dial in so I probably need to get used to it. I expect it will be half decent at minimum though 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

you probably don't need all of them, just the latest one.

True.

Stratus seems to be a surround reverb?

When I got my first Exponential reverbs Phoenix and R2 were the only ones available at $9.99 a pop. Single-seaters, so 2 of each. Then a while later PB put Nimbus and R4 on sale for $9.99, and I couldn't resist those modulated tails. 2 of each again.

Of course, now my 2 licenses apiece for Phoenix and R2 are superfluous and due to the iLok transfer fees, it doesn't even make sense to give them away.

Since the only reverb I've heard that can touch the Exponential stuff is MturboReverble, I don't mind the licensing stuff. It is what it is, and the fact that they're single-seaters that require an iLok 2 probably contributes to the peanuts prices.

16 hours ago, MusicMan said:

BOOM! $20 off
No Minimum Spend

Deserves it's own post 🙂

Use code BOOM-20-OFF to save $20 extra today!

- Code is valid for 1 order per user
- NO Minimum Spend!

Copy/paste voucher code during checkout! Yesterday's MEGA-25-OFF voucher has now expired and is no longer valid!

Stacks with loyalty vouchers too.

Nice to see PA back with some no minimum spend vouchers again so we can get some free plugins.

Lots of free guitar and bass sims for free that are actually very good. Well done PA!

Thanks! I get Plugin Alliance emails, but by the time I look at my non personal emails, most of the sales have expired! 

• Like 1

If any of you are after a great-sounding reverb and have a powerful CPU, my initial impressions of Neoverb are extremely positive.

Depending on the settings it can chew up a chunk of CPU all on its own. I'm running an instance of it on a verb-send track and it ranges from perhaps 20-ish percent to over 30 percent. That said, it sounds really really good. My go-to reverb has been PhoenixVerb for a long while, and granted Neoverb probably has code from PhoenixVerb in it. I'm really impressed with the sound quality and how tweakable this is.

If you have $10 burning a hole through your pocket, and you don't know what to get with today's $20 voucher, this would be a solid choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sheesh, I tried entering the code for "any plug-in $29.99" and it spit it back saying that I needed a certain number of products in my cart or something.

Whatever, I snagged the B15N for free and it is definitely ALL THAT as bass amps go. Got me much closer to the War B.B. Dickerson growl.

Clicking on the plexi glow panel is a nice surprise, a noise gate and power soak, choice of cabs.

• Like 2