8Dio Anthology Strings $50

BTP

Flash Sale Ends Friday / September 30th 2022

K ontakt VST / AU / AAX

66,902 Samples. 109 GB HDD (compressed to 47 GB)

3 Advanced Microphones Positions (Mixed, Close & Far)

3 Section Types (Ensemble, Chamber & Solo)

Full Ensemble Strings and Individual String Sections

Violins, Violas, Cellos & Basses for all Section Types

Custom Browser w/ Built-In Articulation Matrix

Intuitive Arc Control with Speed and Velocity built-in

Custom Convolution, Microphones, EQ and Chaos FX

Delivered by Download

Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required

https://8dio.com/products/anthology-vst-au-aax-samples-kontakt-instrument

• Thanks 2

THIS LIBRARY IS AN AMAZING DEAL AT $50 USD. IF YOU'VE NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM 8DIO, YOU CAN USE MY REFERRAL LINK TO GET IT FOR $35 USD.

8Dio's Anthology Strings library for $50 USD is an amazing deal, even beating Black Friday pricing. This is a library that originally sold for $699 USD and the best sale on it that I recall was for around $150 USD. There's nothing anything like this going for $50USD or even a few times the price.  While I have pretty vocal in sharing my disappointment with the scripting on 8Dio's solo string libraries (I think Intimate Solo Strings and Deep Solo Viola and Deep Solo Cello could be scripted to be a lot more playable; it's not that there are problems with the script, it's just that they could have made much more intuitive scripts for those libraries) , I really like their Agitato  Sordino Strings and Ostinato Strings libraries a lot and would recommend them.  But for 50 bucks, it goes into no-brainer territory, because you simply can't find any string libraries of this quality for even 4 times the price. 

If you've never purchased anything from 8Dio before, you can use my referral link to get an additional $15 USD off, so you can pick this up for $35 USD using the below link (I'll get a $15 USD credit). 
http://8diocom.refr.cc/peterd

Here's a review/comparison of the library by the most honest and thorough YouTuber reviewer that I know of,  Cory Pelizzari. Corey's excellent. A very trustworthy musician giving honest and thorough reviews who is very candid in sharing strengths and weaknesses of the libraries he looks at. Unlike 99% of the YouTubers doing "reviews" he's not merely a shill salesmen for libraries. He can be brutal when a library has issues -- and you know after doing that, the developer of that library or plugin will no longer be sending him future freebies or offering payment for "reviews" and promoting their products.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another review of Anthology.  I just learned  that when you buy this 8Dio will let you buy the entire Addagio Strings package for only $8 USD-- and I would call that a no brainer too (note that Cory P. goes over the Adagio libraries, which he is very fond  of, in his video  included in my above post).  Note that this reviewer makes some similar observations that he loves some of the Adagio legatos a lot more than those included with Anthology, so it makes a good case of spending the $8 to buy both libraries. Don Bodon calls the string samples "superb" if you didn't feel like watching. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

I second this: $50 is a steal. For $35?...

8Dio seems to be a polarizing developer, but their flash sales and uber-deals helped me get started with all this midi nonsense and so I have a soft-spot for them.

I picked up Anthology Strings pretty early in my library buying days, and since then I've added a lot of great string libaries to my collection, including Cinesamples, Sonokinetic, Orchestral Tools, Spitfire, Musical Sampling, Project SAM, EastWest etc and I use them all quite a bit (well, except for EastWest). But years later I still have Anthology Strings in my template because there is a certain vibe to their patches that I just don't get with other libraries.

Not all their patches -- the shorts don't really thrill me (although they are quite useable), and the trems, marcatos and pizzicatos are decent but not spectacular.  But to my ears, their legato patches are killer if you want angst and over-the-top schmaltz.  Over-the-top schmaltz is kind of what I do, so I rarely finish an orchestral project that doesn't use the Anthology legatos in some capacity.

It's not a subtle library, and it's got some age spots, etc. Blending them with other libraries isn't too difficult, although some libraries blend with Anthology easier than others, and it takes a bit of tweaking. But it's a full-throttle set of strings that you can do a LOT with, for the cost of a half-tank of gas. 

As noted: full Kontakt only. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got this last year when 8Dio was giving it away with purchases over $100. At the time however, there was a glitch in their system where the list price of an item was used, not the sale price, so I ended up buying The New Ambient Guitar and Bottles for $35, and having Anthology strings thrown into the deal. 

Note that you have to contact support to get the legacy Adagio library for $8. I did that, and they sent me a coupon code to reduce the price of the Adagio Violins from $70 down to $8. After I purchased the violins, they added the rest of the Adagio library to my account.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I got this last year when 8Dio was giving it away with purchases over $100. At the time however, there was a glitch in their system where the list price of an item was used, not the sale price, so I ended up buying The New Ambient Guitar and Bottles for $35, and having Anthology strings thrown into the deal. 

Note that you have to contact support to get the legacy Adagio library for $8. I did that, and they sent me a coupon code to reduce the price of the Adagio Violins from $70 down to $8. After I purchased the violins, they added the rest of the Adagio library to my account.

VIC forum was all over that last year when 8Dio had their "10  years of sales glitches"  anniversary; I paraphrase a bit. ;)
I picked up the Studio Series Fire Trumpet and Santur for under $40 and got Anthology for free.
I wouldn't have minded if the glitch hadn't worked as I was happy to pay that price for those two instruments.

The bigger deal for me was The New Century Brass Bundle (Ensemble and Solo) for $111, with Century Strings v2 Bundle as the freebie.
That's just nuts really and together they cover a lot of bases.

37 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Doug Rintoul What do  you think of the Adagio library? I just have the Sordino Strings,  but think they're very nice.

Oh. Are we suppose to use these libraries once we buy them? I am just here for the deals!

Seriously, I like these a lot. They sound great to my ears and in the right hands, they can bring tears to your eyes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just a reminder (it should be in thread title), but this flash sale ends tonight,  so I would think 8Dio is on California time,  which means there are 5 more hours to go until this sale ends. 

8Dio sales never end when they say they end.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:58 PM, PavlovsCat said:

If you've never purchased anything from 8Dio before, you can use my referral link to get an additional $15 USD off, so you can pick this up for $35 USD using the below link (I'll get a $15 USD credit). 
http://8diocom.refr.cc/peterd

Peter, I think must have used your referral link before because it doesn't work here.  Is it possible to use someone else's or is it a one-time thing?  I suppose that leaves me with offering my own referral link which in turn would give me a $15 credit.  Or, if someone else wants to share their referral link, I'll try again.  I've got lots of 8Dio (long-time fan) but probably won't drop $50 for this.  $35 would be tempting for sure. 

http://8diocom.refr.cc/wrenrobinson

Edited by Fwrend