Did you know that Matrix view was stolen from a separate software called Project 5?

El Diablo

Can someone please move this to General Discussion, I accidentally put this in the wrong category.  Thanks.

Yeah Cakewalk owns both products, but oh well... Technicality.

I still own a copy of Project 5, but they stopped updating it at version 2.  They moved it into Sonar in Sonar version 8.5 as a new feature.

What I think really happened to Project 5 is that Sonar merged Project 5 into itself as the new Matrix View.

Did anyone else own or use Project 5 and what are your thoughts on the outcome of Project 5?

Edited by El Diablo

Yeah... I remember and had Project 5.

Probably still installed on one of my old machines in storage.

I vaguely remember when it ended and a number if it's devices were bundled with Sonar afterward. Many of the fx still appear in my plugins list. Probably from such bundle?

It was an interesting idea, but nothing in it really did much for me. I did have fun with P5 for a bit.

Everybody knows that.  Did you know there is an oldest trick in the book?  Yeah, yeah.

P5 4ever!

One difference with P5 that was not incorporated into SONAR was the the "clip/launch pad(s)" were aligned with the respective tracks ala Live or Bitwig.

Kind regards,

tecknot

P.S.  I was just using P5 yesterday to use some VSTi which I can't use in CbB.  I was just as fun as it always has been.

Edited by tecknot