Musical Sampling releases Barker Clarinet - $39 (goes $69 on Oct 17th)

Amicus717

Info here: https://musicalsampling.com/barker-clarinet/

"Barker Clarinet is a true legato clarinet library performed by conductor and educator, Joshua Barker. 

Recorded at Orb Studios in Austin, TX – we aimed to create an agile, emotive clarinet. We recorded all of the performances with natural, progressive vibrato. In our view, this helps warm up the sound and expands the emotional range of the instrument.

Each patch was produced to more uniquely address certain contexts. The Emotional patch includes a more subtle style of vibrato – fragile but confident. The Workhorse patch is an agile, mezzo-forte instrument – great for traditional, upbeat contexts.

The Fat Lead was actually recorded in the same space as Sasaki Trumpet/Austin Saxes – initially intended as an energetic compliment to those two libraries. What we found is that it also serves as an excellent, emotional instrument for strong, dramatic contexts where you really want the clarinet to properly sing. 

Lastly, we included a Breaths patch – to help sell the performance with both short inhales and longer, subdued inhales with the clarinetist in the ready position."

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

This is right in my wheelhouse. I bought before I even posted the link. 

It's not in my wheelhouse, but it sounds fantastic (I revised my earlier post where I merely wrote nice, that was an understatement)  and it's really cheap. It's going to be difficult to not buy this. 

Also, I've clicked your link and listened to your music in the past and found you're very talented, so I'm sure you'll put this to great use. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Peter Woods said:

Also, I've clicked your link and listened to your music in the past and found you're very talented, so I'm sure you'll put this to great use. 

You are far too kind. Thanks. 

And yeah the demos for this one sound spectacular, to my ears. Solo clarinet libraries that sound this good are a real treasure. I often find that solo clarinet patches in other libraries don't quite capture the instrument the way I'd like, as the clarinet is really expressive and the contrast between soft and loud playing is pretty big; sometimes the transitions from soft to loud come with phasing effects or sound doubled or similiar. This one sounds like it won't do that. I haven't actually tested it yet -- gotta finish my workday -- but I can't wait to fire it up.  

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 1