Can track2 have a different tempo than track3?

Kurre

Question

5 answers to this question

I don't see how that is possible. But the solution is to make the notes in track 1 half the value of the notes in track two. For example, track one is eighth  notes, track two is quarter notes. Quarter notes are twice as long as eighth notes.

You can always change the projects tempo temporarily to work on a track of another tempo then bounce or freeze the audio prior to reverting your tempo back.  If you have midi going you might bounce to audio prior to changing tempo  just for the sake of hearing the same thing while you’ve altered your tempo.  (Monitoring your project at the 120 tempo while recording your 60 bpm track) . After recording the 60 bpm stuff, freeze or bounce to lock it in at 60 as audio, then change your tempo back, delete the reference bounce (for monitoring at 60) and move on to whatever is next.  I always Save As  Project - original tempo map then as Project - New tempo or whatever just to be safe.

Thanks. All of you.

Maybe that note value thing can partially work. Hadn't thought of that.

It seems i quite often land in these situations. I get an idea and find it difficult to realize it.

In this case it would have been two vst's operating separately/independently but starting at the same time when synced to the host timeline. Could be new and interesting sounds/rhytms from that.

( I must try harder to conform.)👽

Edited by Kurre
Addition.

11 hours ago, Kurre said:

In this case it would have been two vst's operating separately/independently but starting at the same time when synced to the host timeline. Could be new and interesting sounds/rhytms from that.

If there are two vsts operating independently of the host project tempo, you could get some drift away from the beat, even if they are started at the same time.  If you sync them to the host tempo, they should both run at the same tempo.

Who knows? Could be an interesting experiment! In theory, 60bpm and 120bpm should have their beats lined up, with one just playing twice as fast.