Fine control of track parameters possible?

Jrides

Is there a way to enter track volume amount, via a text box? I would think that it would be possible, to double click something and be given the option to enter a value.  The only way I can see having fine control over track volume, is using nodes / automation etc. there has to be a simpler way to do this, right?

Edited by Jrides

Yes. Cakewalk enables many tasks to be accomplished by various means often depending on the view that is exposed.

In track view, select which editable parameters are exposed by using the button at the top of the tracks pane. If you select "All" (See attached pic) then you will see a horizontal slider for volume, Left click select and pressing enter will allow you to type in values.

Many pictures and written instructions to be gained from the Cakewalk Reference Guide. A recommended read.

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf or by using Cakewalk by Bandlab drop down menu at the top of the forum page.

2022-09-27.png

Edited by Michael Vogel
Added pic
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jrides said:

Is there a way to enter track volume amount, via a text box?

10 minutes ago, Jrides said:

Is there a way to enter these values for parameters in the Pro Channel?

It depends on the control. If the numeric value is displayed and editable such as volume or EQ settngs, double-click value in the ProChannel, Track Inspector or Console view channel strip to edit the value.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jrides said:

Hmmmm… very disappointing.

Is there a way to enter these values for parameters in the Pro Channel?  Again, in this case, the only way I can see to get fine control, is to use the shift + drag method. [emphasis added]

TOPIC: Find control of track parameters possible?

Is this topic about finding controls or fine controls?  

You should not be disappointed.

Edited by User 905133

30 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

TOPIC: Find control of track parameters possible?

Is this topic about finding controls or fine controls?  

You should not be disappointed.

Good question. There’s no way to know. It’s just impossible to determine. 
One of life‘s great mysteries…

Also,  I tried for a few minutes, not to be disappointed. However, it just didn’t work.

Edited by Jrides
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, scook said:

It depends on the control. If the numeric value is displayed and editable such as volume or EQ settngs, double-click value in the ProChannel, Track Inspector or Console view channel strip to edit the value.

I see. Thank you! I will poke around, when I get back to the studio on Thursday. Much appreciated.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

For track parameters, if you hold the Shift key while dragging the control, it will slow the change rate for finer adjustments as well

Yes. I was aware of that one, from the user manual. My concern was just the ability to enter in a specific value as text. Intuitively I would have expected anywhere that text is displayed for a value, I should be able to double click it and enter a specific value. For those like myself, who are blind/visually impaired, the advantage of this method is tremendous. Especially in cases where you can tab to a particular parameter and hit enter, giving you access to enter the value S text. Once I get a grip on how exactly this platform does and doesn’t meet my needs… Perhaps I will make some feature requests in the future.

thank you for your kind  attempt to help. Much appreciated!