RiffStation (phone home)?

mettelus

Not sure if this was posted previously, but wanted to see if someone could verify. I popped open the paid version of RiffStation and it asked me to register. I typed in info, and it doesn't seem the buttons are working (i.e., finally disconnected from the server?). The fix was simple, I downloaded the free version (twice) a while ago, so simply uninstalled the paid version and loaded the free version in its place. I seem to remember someone (@abacab?)  saying the link to the free version is still available, so this is more an FYI to those with the paid version if they didn't download the free version yet.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mettelus said:

Not sure if this was posted previously, but wanted to see if someone could verify. I popped open the paid version of RiffStation and it asked me to register. I typed in info, and it doesn't seem the buttons are working (i.e., finally disconnected from the server?). The fix was simple, I downloaded the free version (twice) a while ago, so simply uninstalled the paid version and loaded the free version in its place. I seem to remember someone (@abacab?)  saying the link to the free version is still available, so this is more an FYI to those with the paid version if they didn't download the free version yet.

Correct! The paid version of RiffStation was discontinued, and was replaced by the no-longer-supported free version, v1.6.3. The free version still works, with no registration required. The original site for the free download is offline now, but a Google search for "RiffStation discontinued" will turn up alternative download sources such as the Wayback Machine, Filehorse, etc.

• Like 1