Two Tracks Recorded solved

Dean

I recorded one track and then I recorded another track while listening to the first track.  When I try to view the tracks with piano roll I get this.  Hopefully a screen shot.  And it doesn't select all the sounds.  Just apparently one track.  I'm not even sure how to ask this.  The screen shot on the right is how I recorded the tracks and the one on the left is what I get with piano roll.  But it doesn't change all the sounds to orange.

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (27).png

Edited by Dean

Well, I can't be sure but it looks like in your top picture you are showing both tracks in the PVR. To the right there is a track selection slide out,  hidden in your picture,  that allows you to have multiple tracks visible. The white notes look like you have the clip associated with those selected.

I would recommend looking at the documentation for the PVR or look at the tutorial videos in the Tutorials forum.

Edited by reginaldStjohn

Yes, show the PRV track pane. Tracks with numbers seelected will be displayed in the PRV, and the one with the name higlighted will be focused and  show notes with colors while the other track(s) will be grayed out. Depending on the setting of Auto Focus/Auto Lock at the top of the PRV track pane, you can enable chanigng track focus by clicking on a grayed note or have unfocused tracks locked against accidentally being edited

So I was able to find the slide out thank you.  I was able to get both tracks  one orange and one green from the white notes.  So is there a way to combine the two tracks into one or do I not want to do that.  Both play at the same time so that is okay?

image_2022-10-03_154223161.png

If your Drag and Drop mode is Blend Old and New, you can just drag one set of MIDI clips into the other track, right click, and choose Bounce to Clip(s) (hold shift to constrain to a verticle drag to preseve the timing).

A safer way in case your Drag and Drop mode is not Blend would be to show lanes in one of the tracks, add a lane, drag the clips from the other track into that lane, and then bounce to clip(s) and delete the empty lane.

Personally I often keep separate 'voice' lines of the same instrument in separate lanes of the track just for clarity and flexibility in selection and editing.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1