UAD Spark for Windows

better5150

Heads up! As promised, you're among the first to know that UAD Spark for Windows is coming tomorrow.

With UAD Spark for Windows, you can create with an ever‑expanding collection of legendary UAD plug‑ins and instruments for just $19.99 a month — no UA hardware required! 

And if you already own any UAD plugins - you will receive the Spark version of those plugins free in your account. 

Edited by better5150
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I think we touched on this when it was anounced a while back; they are too late imo. With (among others) Softube, Plugin Alliance, Arturia and Acustica Audio I have basically everything they offer, especially in their Spark collection. They would have to be groundbreakingly different/better for me to buy or subscripbe. And they're not.

20 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I think we touched on this when it was anounced a while back; they are too late imo. With (among others) Softube, Plugin Alliance, Arturia and Acustica Audio I have basically everything they offer, especially in their Spark collection. They would have to be groundbreakingly different/better for me to buy or subscripbe. And they're not.

They might go and add Luna to the package

5 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Have extensive UAD collection. Been without my Octo card for a while due to working mobile, and lack of non-Thunderbolt support on their Apollo interfaces. Have replaced almost everything I had on the UAD platform...for like 1/10th of the price I original purchased the UAD plugins. There is almost no reason to stay in that ecosystem unless you're invested in the hardware. Even the Spark sub isn't appealing, considering the PA sub is the similar price, has a far more diverse / extensive collection (many of which are in UAD collection), and they give a bunch of free plugins with sub.

Having said that, if I can access my UAD plugins that I already own for free via Spark - and not need a subscription - then it'll be nice to get the LA2A collection back, as it's my favorite emulation. Everything else has been replaced.

• Like 4

On 9/27/2022 at 2:19 AM, Carl Ewing said:

Have replaced almost everything I had on the UAD platform

pretty much of the same mindset for the same reasons,  plus a dodgy card experience and  they "upgraded" a number of plugins when they came out with Unison and relegated the ones I had to "legacy" status which = not eligible for Spark, unless I want to buy them again for a bit more than usable alternatives...

On 9/27/2022 at 2:19 AM, Carl Ewing said:

the LA2A collection ... as it's my favorite emulation

Overloud GEMs for LA2A/LA3A? Their LA3A might be the best out there for sounding like hardware (given UADs main claim)

the Black Rooster versions get used here as well.

Edited by jackson white
addl rant

13 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Having said that, if I can access my UAD plugins that I already own for free via Spark - and not need a subscription - then it'll be nice to get the LA2A collection back, as it's my favorite emulation. Everything else has been replaced.

The LA2A collection is included in Spark

I just installed it on my laptop, along with 3(! API Vision Strip, Brigade Chorus and the 1176 collection) other plugins (and I also own quite a few).

All the best.