FR : Quick Transpose ( Track View )

Mark Morgon-Shaw

Hey Folks

Because I make so much music I'm all about the workflow, so over time I've added my own macros and shortcuts to my Streamdeck to make up for some things I feel CBB is missing that save me time.

The one I use the most is whilst in the  Track View is  " Transpose Up or Down one octave " - I made one button for each. Just select the clip and hit the button. Boom. Done.

I find this super handy, it works on midi & audio and my workaround is basically a macro of : Process-Transpose-  with +/- 12 semitones which then hits OK. It is way faster than doing it manually as it only takes a split second for the macro to complete, but it allows you to quickly try parts in different octaves and is especially handy during arranging for midi strings and pianos etc. or doubling orchestral part that need to be in different octaves. 

There is already a shortcut for Process-Transpose that can be bound to a key but this takes it one step further by going up or down an octave

PS - I know it can be octave shifted in the PRV but I am talking about just in the Track View to save time. Whilst I can happily use it on my own streamdeck I think if this could be incorporated as a keybinding option a lot more folks would make good use of it. 

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw