Sampletekk Singularis Piano FREE! ($79 USD Retail)

PavlovsCat

SampleTekk has started a deals site called SampleTekk Deals and is promoting it by giving away their  MONO piano, Singularis, reg. price $79 USD for free and includes a KONTAKT and SFZ version. The KONTAKT version requires the full version of KONTAKT. The SFZ version can be loaded in free SFZ players and the developer notes he tested it in the free SFZ sample  player plugin, Sforzando.  

I'm on my phone at the moment,  so I haven't downloaded this library yet, but I have most of SampleTekk's pianos,  and they're a very good sample developer that specializes in piano libraries. The version of this they sell is available for the full version of KONTAKT and in the SFZ format. 

A video promo for the piano. 

This the link to get the free piano:
https://www.sampletekkdeals.com

To skip the home page and go directly to the freebie page: 

https://sampletekkdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66

This is their regular website's product  page with information on the Singularis piano -- and yes, that name sounds a lot like an allergy medicine, but SampleTekk makes very good piano libraries,  so don't miss out on this freebie:

https://www.sampletekk.com/grand-pianos&product_id=294

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

That’s cool,

I featured Singularis in this video of a recent Sampletekk Piano Bundle.

Let's Play Sampletekk Boutique Piano Collection | Audio Plugin Deals Special
https://youtu.be/bq1b2MpaRJM

The problem I have is with your videos is that when I end up buying the libraries, they never sound as good, which is entirely due to the guy playing them being incredibly less talented than you.

It turns out, that's the most significant factor in how good a piano library sounds. Who would have known? ;)

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like I got the Singularis back when I bought the Insane Next Level Key Bundle from Audio Plugin Deals:

Insane Next Level Keys Bundle by SAMPLETEKK featuring 5 unique pianos: Singularis. ST Clav, Tubed Keys, ST Reed Organ and ST Tonewheel.

Almost exactly one year ago I bought a bunch of their pianos when they were around $10 each. I should install them someday.

• Like 2

Update. I downloaded and installed the piano (KONTAKT version) and really like it. BTP posted that the deal expires in two weeks so act on it before then. I did find that the download includes a version for the FULL version of KONTAKT plus the piano in the SFZ format, so you can use this free piano in a free SFZ player like Sforzando. For those low on funds,  pick up Sforzando (the free plugin SFZ sample player) and get this library. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 2

Installed.  Turns out that this library supports Kontakt, EXS24, HALion, and SFZ.

Included are the following formats:

• Kontakt, (minimum Kontakt 4 Full version)
  • EXS24
  • HALion, (minimum HALion 3)
  • SFZ, tested in Sforzando, the free sampleplayer for both PC and Mac,

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ALC said:

Installed.  Turns out that this library supports Kontakt, EXS24, HALion, and SFZ.

BTW, AudioLayer is an iOS sampler that can import EXS24.  I have a number of SampleTekk pianos that include EXS24 support (6).  I've been meaning to try out importing some of these pianos for use on the iPad ... but maybe after I upgrade my devices and have enough space (this one is almost 3 GB).

3 hours ago, ALC said:

Also just discovered that Studio One’s sampler, Presence XT, has support for importing EXS libraries (Kontakt 4 also).

I just checked my Singularis installation folder. The .EXS file is small (around 2MB, 68K zipped), so it must be using the same .WAV samples that the Kontakt .NKI file references.

5 hours ago, John Maar said:

I just checked my Singularis installation folder. The .EXS file is small (around 2MB, 68K zipped), so it must be using the same .WAV samples that the Kontakt .NKI file references.

Yup.  Just drag the .exs file into Studio One and it'll create a Presence instrument track.  I tried it with the .nki file and it failed to load, even though the Singularis docs said it's Kontakt 4.  There's also a Singularis K5 which I take is for Kontakt 5 and newer.

2 hours ago, ALC said:

Yup.  Just drag the .exs file into Studio One and it'll create a Presence instrument track.  I tried it with the .nki file and it failed to load, even though the Singularis docs said it's Kontakt 4.  There's also a Singularis K5 which I take is for Kontakt 5 and newer.

The .NKI file in my Kontakt Instruments folder (Singularis.nki, dated 2/29/16) worked with K5 and now with K6. It has no UI. I'd forgotten that. I like SampleTekk's Rain Piano Mk2 and Black Grand Mk2, and the INIL Choir just for fun. The deprecated PMI Börsendorfer 290 is pretty good, too. I had purchased the Rain Piano for Presence and SampleTekk was cool about giving me the Kontakt version for no additional charge when I asked about it. Good peeps!

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ALC said:

57 minutes ago, John Maar said:

The .NKI file in my Kontakt Instruments folder worked with K5 and now with K6. It has no UI. I'd forgotten that. I like SampleTekk's Rain Piano Mk2 and Black Grand Mk2, and the INIL Choir just for fun. The deprecated PMI Börsendorfer 290 is pretty good, too.

Oh, sorry I was unclear.  I tried dragging the .nki into Studio One and Presence complained that it failed to load (though supposedly K4 is supported).  But, yes, it works in Kontakt.

Since I have Kontakt 6, I'll probably just use that most of the time, but I was curious how Presence XT would do with EXS instruments.

Does anyone know any advantages/disadvantages for each format?  So, no GUI except for K5.  Any aside from that?  I suppose one usually tries to use the native tools of the DAW one usually works in.  Since I have K6, I'll probably use that since it works across DAWs (and for just noodling/live, I've been using Gig Performer).

Edited by ALC