MACKIE CONTROL - LAYER 2 FUNCTION KEYS MAPPING

El Gato Loco

Hello,

I have QconProG2 surface control and would like to know if there is any way to set LAYER 2 Function Keys mapping as it can be done for the standard Function Keys

To better explain what I'm saying.

Currently the Mackie COntrol Setup allows to set the 8 Function keys in the picture.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.068238bf129b626081d65cf193bf6ad8.jpg

On the QconProG2, there is a Layer2 buttons that activate further 8 Function keys.

Would be great to know if there is any way to set custom actions also for the Layer 2 Function Keys

Picture2.thumb.jpg.bda3a491be32b4f76b0ec51d4a1f3817.jpg

Thx in advance.

NOTE: Currently one of the many reasons I'm staying with Cakewalk is the way it handles the Surface Controllers as QconProG2

Studio One really suck on it! 

Edited by El Gato Loco

I guess there's no technical reason why this couldn't be done, but it'd require a non-trivial amount of development work.

The biggest issue would be the UI redesign...  and those dropdown lists take AGES to populate, so it would take twice as long to open up the Mackie Control dialog.  This IMO would override any benefit from having the extra function mappings.

In saying that, there's nothing stopping someone doing this themselves - the code is on github:  https://github.com/Cakewalk/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK

On 9/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, msmcleod said:

I guess there's no technical reason why this couldn't be done, but it'd require a non-trivial amount of development work.

The biggest issue would be the UI redesign...  and those dropdown lists take AGES to populate, so it would take twice as long to open up the Mackie Control dialog.  This IMO would override any benefit from having the extra function mappings.

In saying that, there's nothing stopping someone doing this themselves - the code is on github:  https://github.com/Cakewalk/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK

I know, it could be better to test and MR instead of writing in words... But from what I remember (at 1AM), disabling redraw for the time of filling combo items can help 😏