Bands that probably chose the wrong name...

craigb

Was just posting in the Song Association thread which is what made me think this could be an interesting topic!

What bands can you think of where the name that they chose probably limited their popularity?  Off the top of my head, the following came to mind:

• Live (They get lost with all the live albums produced by other bands - at least they never tried to release a self-titled album! 😆 )
  • The The (A search nightmare! 😮 )
  • The F*** Buttons (Good luck in being seen anywhere! 🙄)
  • Rotting Christ (What were they thinking??? 😖 )

Oh well, that's my starter list.  Whatcha got? 🙂

In this space BJZ was semi-cool but what would the rest of the world think it meant?

Hence, we became Citizen Regen and that was before J departed. But we're still unknown. No real PR on our part is a HUGE factor of that scenario.

Edited by Bapu

17 minutes ago, Bapu said:

In this space BJZ was semi-cool

Sorry to break it to you, but unfortunately just by thinking that you automatically made it uncool.

Degrees of one's coolness can only be decided by other people. That's just the way it is.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

The band I was in seemed to have choosing a bad name down to a fine art. Iwas always outvoted and during my time we had at least 4 and the last one was the only one that I wasn't totally embarrassed to say out loud - The Sons of Katie Elder - which was nicked from a movie.

Could have been worse I suppose - we did once share the bill with the delightfully descriptive.... Dead Pigs under the church floor. The lead singer was a dog. I kid you not.

• Like 1

'Jetlag' was the name of my band - cos after listening to our set you felt like you had it. 😂

I was also in an impromptu duo (formed en route to a particularly tough gig where I was only supposed to be carrying the gear). Called 'Pave Lane' after the road we were on when we decided to play it as a duo.

8 minutes ago, jackson white said:

🤣 woulda paid to see that (assuming it was originals)

and so -not- a coyote?

Oh they were original all right. I'd definitely give them that much. :)

I think it's breeding might have been best described as mixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, paulo said:

The band I was in seemed to have choosing a bad name down to a fine art. Iwas always outvoted and during my time we had at least 4 and the last one was the only one that I wasn't totally embarrassed to say out loud - The Sons of Katie Elder - which was nicked from a movie.

Could have been worse I suppose - we did once share the bill with the delightfully descriptive.... Dead Pigs under the church floor. The lead singer was a dog. I kid you not.

https://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/the-sons-of-katie-elder

So this was you ?

J

Edited by Jeremy Oakes