Precious Lies-Original

Johnbee58

John,

Cool song.     The drums seem like they are pulling back on the song,  I might look at a half-time shuffle to propel the song forward while not distracting from what is there.   I think it would work with your current bass line as well.      Listen to a song like Home Again by Steely Dan as a reference for this idea.   

If you have the Toontrack Custom and Vintage kit, check out Grooves ‘Swing 4/4 > Song 3 > 120bpm’   Some great fill ideas and cymbal variations in there as well.

Regards

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markno999 said:

John,

Cool song.     The drums seem like they are pulling back on the song,  I might look at a half-time shuffle to propel the song forward while not distracting from what is there.   I think it would work with your current bass line as well.      Listen to a song like Home Again by Steely Dan as a reference for this idea.   

If you have the Toontrack Custom and Vintage kit, check out Grooves ‘Swing 4/4 > Song 3 > 120bpm’   Some great fill ideas and cymbal variations in there as well.

Regards

Thanks, @markno999

You're right about those drums.  It does sound like something is, as you say, "pulling" them off.  It is an Eighties Pop pattern run at half speed and I was taking notice that some spots didn't seem to want to "fall into place" very easy.. I have the Toontrack Shuffle kit for keyboard but not the drums but I will take your suggestion and look into the Custom and Vintage kit.   Is that an EZX kit or a MIDI pack?

Thanks again! 

😃JB

Edited by Johnbee58