CbB 2022.09 Early Access

Sander Verstraten

On 9/25/2022 at 6:43 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

Anybody else thinks that development has become slow? For a long time updates have been small bug-fixes, with the ocassional feature. But nothing like the first couple years. Do you think they lost part of their team and this is the new reality? Or maybe they’ve been working on something big for a while, like an engine rewrite?

If you compare it to Reaper yes.  Other DAWs no.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:43 AM, Esteban Villanova said:

Do you think they lost part of their team and this is the new reality? Or maybe they’ve been working on something big for a while, like an engine rewrite?

Maybe cross platform on Mac?

I'll get me coat.

For those that get this far in the post, I'm perfectly aware that they tried it years ago and abandoned it. 🙂 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Software is a different beast than analog hardware.

Computer Based Synths that are 20 years old had a pretty heavy wall they were up against with computer power and functionality.  I'm not going to suggest they didn't make some cool sounds (they certainly did) but it isn't really comparable to guitar hardware (tube amps, etc).   

I think it is an illusion that the "were up against with computer power and functionality" was really used for product improvements in the software industry!

No, I am sure (and I know what I am talking about) that more than 90 percent was wasted for development products itself that don't improve the end-software (in the contrary; e.g. compare Reaper's code size to other DAWs)! And a lot of power (of the other 10 percent) was used for useless quality improvement like high pixel photos with poor lenses for low-grade applications, high print resolution that our eye cannot perceive, high sample rates with poor recording equipment, high frequencies in music listening that we cannot hear, and so on ...

19 hours ago, jesse g said:

Still using Cakewalk, now Cakewalkby BandLab since Sonar version 2.0 XL 👍

Me too. Since PA 7. I just know it so good. I have the latest version of S1 and Reaper, a d will upgrade both. But I just really dabble with them when I really want to do something, it's always CwbB

• Like 5