CbB 2022.09 Early Access

Sander Verstraten

2 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Sonar !

Sure, use what works for you! :)

I was a Sonar Platinum Lifer, but realize that the last version of Sonar Platinum is missing about 5 years worth of bug fixes and features that the Bakers have added to Cakewalk since...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Sure, use what works for you! :)

I was a Sonar Platinum Lifer, but realize that the last version of Sonar Platinum is missing about 5 years worth of bug fixes and features that the Bakers have added to Cakewalk since...

@Abacab

I've been just joking.

It,s the headline of a thread in the cakewalk forum.

I 'm mainly using cakewalk and studio one.

All the best

Pragi

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, abacab said:

Same here. I picked up a cheap crossgrade to Studio One Pro back when Gibson dumped Cakewalk.

Then Cakewalk made a great comeback. Stuck with both now LOL! :)

And me. I seem to mostly Studio One these days but I think MIDI is better in Cakewalk as is syncing with things like OTS Kontakt guitars. And S1 can't handle dragging MIDI and audio into Toontrack VSTis 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Only DAW I use is Cakewalk.  

None of these fixes are things in my workflow though.  

Wow, they sure are in mine. The customizable Smart Tool was huge. The modifier keys for dragging clip boundaries, huge. Ripple Edit indicator? Check. Nested folders? We like.

Improvements to the audio engine and screen updates are pretty universal.

Maybe you meant something else....but the thing is, a lot of times, the smaller fixes or feature additions are forgotten about because they're how the program should have worked in the first place. I forget that they were added because I find it hard to image the program being the old way. Maybe someday I'll catalog all of what I consider the "smaller" features that have been added since I started using Cakewalk, but that make it so much more pleasant and smooth to use....

46 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Wow, they sure are in mine. The customizable Smart Tool was huge. The modifier keys for dragging clip boundaries, huge. Ripple Edit indicator? Check. Nested folders? We like.

Improvements to the audio engine and screen updates are pretty universal.

Maybe you meant something else....but the thing is, a lot of times, the smaller fixes or feature additions are forgotten about because they're how the program should have worked in the first place. I forget that they were added because I find it hard to image the program being the old way. Maybe someday I'll catalog all of what I consider the "smaller" features that have been added since I started using Cakewalk, but that make it so much more pleasant and smooth to use....

Maybe I read the wrong release notes, none of the things you mention are on a "fix list" referenced in the OP link as far as I can tell 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I totally misinterpreted your reply!

Apologies. It didn't sound like you to say that about the last 5 years of development. 🤪

No way, would be difficult to go back to the last "sonar" version at this point.  

This particular release, while I'm all for fixes this particular one doesn't seem to intersect with things I ever work with.

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

It's very cool that Cakewalk gets these incremental updates on a regular basis, for free!

By contrast, Studio One 6 is dropping soon, meaning that the current Studio One 5 will be forever stuck where it is, with no more bug fixes. 😢

Because Cakewalk is subscription-based, costing $0/month for now.

PreSonus Sphere is also getting constant updates for a few bucks more.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, abacab said:

As far as I am concerned, Cakewalk is still the best in the biz at opening or previewing MIDI files, especially GM... :)

+1

I use mostly Cakewalk and Reaper. They both have advantages.

There is one thing in the coming CbB release that is a real improvement IMO: The minimum project loop length has been reduced to 1/128th note. This can help a lot if there is something in an audio recording that is difficult to get in a longer run! E.g. an artifact/dissonance in the start of a note or a misplacement/retardation in a hit/note. Actually it would not be necessary to listen that in a loop, but it is important in such a case that the playback stops at the right position (so a one time loop would be a cool new feature, I think Samplitude has something like this).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marled said:

+1

I use mostly Cakewalk and Reaper. They both have advantages.

There is one thing in the coming CbB release that is a real improvement IMO: The minimum project loop length has been reduced to 1/128th note. This can help a lot if there is something in an audio recording that is difficult to get in a longer run! E.g. an artifact/dissonance in the start of a note or a misplacement/retardation in a hit/note. Actually it would not be necessary to listen that in a loop, but it is important in such a case that the playback stops at the right position (so a one time loop would be a cool new feature, I think Samplitude has something like this).

Which one's MIDI editor you prefer the most?