Arranger - committing arrangement creates multiple take lanes

Mark R

Question

Hi all - could someone please advise me on the following 'issue' I have with the otherwise fantastic 'Arranger' feature. 

When I commit an arrangement (either insert or commit) in Arranger I am finding that the take lanes that exist in  project tracks become multiplied. Just a single take lane which, for example, has 10 clips becomes 10 take lanes , with a single clip per take lane when committed. In fact I also see one or more 'empty' lanes are also created. SO...if I have 10 takes, each with 15 or 20 clips then you can  understand the take lane numbers escalate rapidly. 

When I first spotted this, my 9 initial drum takes lanes had morphed into 1500+ take lanes. A handful of empty lanes but the remaining majority containing just a single clip.

Am I missing something here? Any help/ideas/comments gladly received!

Edited by Mark R

4 answers to this question

I can't seem to replicate this behaviour - when committing an arrangement, I end up with exactly the same amount of take lanes as I started with.

It may be project specific, or perhaps some setting is causing the issue for you.

Can you PM me your Cakewalk.ini file  ( it's in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\ ), and a registry export of:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core

That will allow me to replicate your current settings and hopefully reproduce the issue.  If I can pin-point exactly which setting is causing this, I'll let you know.

Also, can you clarify - is this audio clips that end up in new take lanes, MIDI clips, or both?