OLDIE DRUMS Vol. 1 („DYLAN DRUMS") by VintageDrumSamples

facets

- Recorded with Quality Gear on Tape and Rearranged with Dub Vinyl Production Approach
- Clear and Easy to use Interface for a whole LUDWIG drumkit
- Multi Round-Robin and articulations, up to 12RR
- kick / snare / high hat/ high hat open / snarerolls / crash / ride / tom 1 / tom2
- GM Mapped
- Kontakt 5.4.3 and above
- WAV files are included (24bit/48khz)
- Tape & Vinyl Sampling
- Mix-ready (you get what you hear)

https://vintagedrumsamples.gumroad.com

Intellectual property concerns aside for a moment (regarding "Dylan Drums" "Queen Drums" and your other trademark infringing names for your libraries), you did a really good job on the tone of this library. Which, based on some of the libraries I've picked up that you've done under AnyDayLong and Past To Future,  you're very good at getting vintage tones.

As a sample buyer and someone who's consulted to around two dozen developers over those years who sees your talent, I wish you were more transparent and would just communicate openly when you post in social media as you'd build a lot more business by building relationships with sample buyers. You clearly know how to make good sounding libraries. I seriously wish your libraries had more detail though and more sophisticated user interfaces/mixing capabilities. But for their price,  they tend to be a good value and I think you could easily grow your brand by not engaging in trademark infringements like "Beatle Drums" or "The Jackson 4." While your business is small enough it probably won't get on the radar of the law  firms for these artists estates, it does delegitimize your brand to the vast majority of the market your trying to sell to; that is, many sample buyers will see these names and write off your work as fly by night, a hack, when you clearly have talent. Instead consider related names that communicate what a library is about without infringing on someone else's intellectual property rights. 

Consider what East West did with their "Fab Four" library package. The name does a good job of conveying what it is without making the developer look fly by night by engaging in trademark infringement. EastWest was careful not to infringe on trademarks by  calling it "The Beatles Libraries " or something like that. 

Just some advice for you to take or leave intended to be helpful. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 1