[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]

Morten Saether

We're pleased to announce Early Access for 2022.09! This is primarily a maintenance release that includes fixes for a few user reported issues. 

If you have encountered any of these issues, please check out this release and and confirm that your issue is resolved before we release the official public version. 

Please note that Early Access installers are update installers, which only update from a specific version. To install the 2022.09 Early Access build, you must be on the latest public release of 2022.06 or later. 

Download Cakewalk 2022.09 EA installer

Should you need to revert to the 2022.06 release, you can download the Cakewalk 2022.06 Rollback installer.

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.
Please keep responses specific to problems or comments on this release. Unrelated bugs or feature requests should be posted in other threads or the feature request channel.

Thanks again for your participation!
The Bakers

Updated to 28.09.0.027

This build contains the following additional improvements:

• Integrated zplane élastique Pro audio stretching and pitch shifting has been updated to version 3.4.0 with bug fixes and performance enhancements
  • Some ProChannel modules cause the UI to get unresponsive on stopping transport when using high track counts
  • Don't send 'all notes off' on stop - just silence any active managed notes
  • Tracks sourced from aux track L/R/S always behave as S during playback

Note: Existing projects that utilize aux track or patch point mono inputs will sound different because previously these would render as stereo only.

Issues Resolved in Build 28.09.0.023:

• The minimum project loop length has been reduced to 1/128th note (30 ticks)
  •  Application UI is not shown after "Almost done..." message when opening projects containing certain plugins
  • Occasional heap corruption on deleting synth tracks
  • "Nudge by snap" uses Landmarks even with Snap to Landmarks button disabled
  • Regression - unable to use automation shelf tool after making time ruler selection
  • Set Measure/Beat As Now creates duplicate nodes at the end of the tempo envelope
  • Export presets do not recall custom sample rate
  • The ampersand character (&) behaves incorrectly in the track inspector's Description text box
  • Simple Instrument Tracks cause incorrect track numbers when exporting audio
  • Export module shows inaccurate elapsed time for selection

• Like 13
  • Thanks 13

I would like to know, if there would be a way to change the cakewalk by bandlab, to change the resource to define the instruments, because I am not able to edit the instrument definition file, I find it very difficult, there would be no other way to pull the msb lsb and program change, I wait the return, if there is no way, thanks, but I would like to know how to edit the instrument definition, that is to add more instruments6f65261cc3c3af726fab4136419fadc82691b7a1.thumb.jpg.ba409f18717165e73c8862713a3a7b30.jpgIMG_20220413_115701742.thumb.jpg.ad469de918e2578039f5524694b4cb38.jpgIMG_20220413_115035653.thumb.jpg.2d46f5de90ea29fe1386b80df9a037fe.jpg

21 hours ago, Pedro V12 said:

I would like to know, if there would be a way to change the cakewalk by bandlab, to change the resource to define the instruments, because I am not able to edit the instrument definition file, I find it very difficult, there would be no other way to pull the msb lsb and program change, I wait the return, if there is no way, thanks, but I would like to know how to edit the instrument definition, that is to add more instruments6f65261cc3c3af726fab4136419fadc82691b7a1.thumb.jpg.ba409f18717165e73c8862713a3a7b30.jpgIMG_20220413_115701742.thumb.jpg.ad469de918e2578039f5524694b4cb38.jpgIMG_20220413_115035653.thumb.jpg.2d46f5de90ea29fe1386b80df9a037fe.jpg

You can open it with Notepad, it is a text file. Once you see its structure it is pretty easy to edit.

• Sad 1

On 9/23/2022 at 11:26 AM, Morten Saether said:

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.
Please keep responses specific to problems or comments on this release. Unrelated bugs or feature requests should be posted in other threads or the feature request channel.  [Emphasis added] 

21 hours ago, Pedro V12 said:

I would like to know, if there would be a way to change the cakewalk by bandlab, to change the resource to define the instruments, because I am not able to edit the instrument definition file, I find it very difficult, there would be no other way to pull the msb lsb and program change, I wait the return, if there is no way, thanks, but I would like to know how to edit the instrument definition, that is to add more instruments

20 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Best place to ask that question and get answers is in the Q&A subforum. It can be done. [Emphasis added]

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, Morten Saether said:

• The minimum project loop length has been reduced to 1/128th note (30 ticks)

Everything seems to work flawless. Just did a comping test on some guitar transients to reduce some finger noise and to gain some headroom on snare hits | and | I must say: the results are candy! 

• "Nudge by snap" uses Landmarks even with Snap to Landmarks button disabled

A perfect fix.

Thanks Team! 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 4

Thanks Bakers....

I get no one should complain about the pace of continued advancements of a free World Class piece of software such as Cakewalk.

So I will also only leave a kind observation stating that the pace of innovations appears to have slowed down of late. For example, this release took 3 months to bake and only offers 10 bug fixes. This seems to be a first.

Hoping that there is no negative subtext to be read behind this; such as Bandlab reducing ressources on the Bakers' Team...

On 9/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, Michael Richard said:

Thanks Bakers....

I get no one should complain about the pace of continued advancements of a free World Class piece of software such as Cakewalk.

So I will also only leave a kind observation stating that the pace of innovations appears to have slowed down of late. For example, this release took 3 months to bake and only offers 10 bug fixes. This seems to be a first.

Hoping that there is no negative subtext to be read behind this; such as Bandlab reducing ressources on the Bakers' Team...

No not at all. More like our (small) team has been working on some other equally important things.  CbB is a pretty mature application and it's not always necessary to add new features but rather refine what we have.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone for checking out the latest EA. We plan to release this officially tomorrow. We just updated the build to 28.09.0.027 which includes a couple of important fixes. If you see this, we'd appreciate it if you tried it out before we release tomorrow.

Updated to 28.09.0.027

Integrated zplane élastique Pro audio stretching and pitch shifting has been updated to version 3.4.0 with bug fixes and performance enhancements

Some ProChannel modules cause the UI to get unresponsive on stopping transport when using high track counts

Don't send 'all notes off' on stop - just silence any active managed notes

Tracks sourced from aux track L/R/S always behave as S during playback

Note: Existing projects that utilize aux track or patch point mono inputs will sound different because previously these would render as stereo only.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

No not at all. More like our (small) team has been working on some other equally important things.  CbB is a pretty mature application and it's not always necessary to add new features but rather refine what we have.

Thanks for responding to my comment Noel. I appreciate hearing that all is well at CbB!!

Updated to 28.09.0.027

• Integrated zplane élastique Pro audio stretching and pitch shifting has been updated to version 3.4.0 with bug fixes and performance enhancements
  • Tracks sourced from aux track L/R/S always behave as S during playback

Refine/Rework/Updates/improvements on existing features - requires a toast! 

Appreciate it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SCHENCKEL Frédéric said:

Hello,

First thanks a lot for your job!!

Just one remark, would it be possible to sign all the included Dlls (like the .exe), so we get a smooth installation without windows (or AV) complaining about any safety problem ?

Thanks  a lot.

Regards

For known files its far better to exclude them from scanning by your Anti Virus program. It saves a bit of overhead while using your DAW,.My anti virus is actually off while using my DAW.

46 minutes ago, SCHENCKEL Frédéric said:

Hello,

First thanks a lot for your job!!

Just one remark, would it be possible to sign all the included Dlls (like the .exe), so we get a smooth installation without windows (or AV) complaining about any safety problem ?

Thanks  a lot.

Regards

Which dlls in particular are you having warnings with?

5 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Which dlls in particular are you having warnings with?

This time I guess it was 'CW130Auto.dll' and 'TTSLogger.dll' when the setup wanted to register it with regsvr32.exe.

With the previous build (28.09.0.023) I had only one but not sure I remember correctly (TTSLogger.dll also ?).

Not a big deal but I guess signing them will reduce this kind of problems (AV says reputation argument, this goes away when signed) ?

Regards

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 27]
  • Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic