actually i was creating mashups by mixing  up songs....  but whenever i stretch the song to the project tempo the song started to play in delay mode like one word is playing two times....suppose my project tempo in which i am creating mashup is 80 and the song tempo is 88 and when i stretch the song tempo to 80  it starts delaying..... like i had put a delay plugin after stretch... basically i am changing the tempo from the property tab.....  but when i stretch the song in fl studio it do not create any kind of issue.... the song is perfectly stretched and also do not give any kind of time delay like condition... the song remain as it is in original......

for this problem i reinstall windows 2-3 times but still the issue did not resolve.....

i dont know m i doing the tempo stretch in right way or not....... if anyone get the issue.... and know about the problem how to stretch properly that it will not go in delay effect after stretching... please help me

i am totally frustrated.....

Screenshot (2).png

Unfortunately I don't have an answer but this "reinstalling Windows" bit is a monumental waste of time. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people do this.

Try referring to the documentation when you want to find out how to do something instead of shooting in the dark:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Tools.08.html

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with @bdickens , don't waste more time reinstalling Windows, it is not the problem.

Streching in Cakewalk can work well, but because it is very powerful and flexible, it is also complex. If not set correctly, it can yield unwanted results. One way of simplifing the process is to have all tracks the same length and occupying the full lenght of the song. When stretching with tracks that have clips, with some settings the clips may not move as desired. 

Here are a couple of videos that may help you. They did when I wanted to adjust the bpm of a song I was mixing. Both of these YouTube channels have a lot of good info on how to use Cakewalk. Hopefully this will help you out.

It could be that the stretch algorithm you're using isn't suitable for the material.

Also, note that there can be different algorithms for "online" and "offline" stretch.   Changing the tempo value in the inspector will use the "online" algorithm, which may be fast but not as good quality.  Selecting the clip and selecting "Bounce to clip(s)" will commit the changes using the higher quality "offline" algorithm.

Alternatively, you can set the online & offline algorithms to the same higher quality algorithm.  Stretching will be slower, but will sound better and you won't need to bounce to clip(s) afterwards.

You can set the algorithms in preferences:

image.png.4f91e802bdd7fb61babe86b03266e1b5.png

• Like 1