Recording and playback has hiccups

Michael Richards

I have a relatively fast computer, 12th gen i7 chip, 32gb ram and several SSDs, yet after 30 seconds or 3 minutes (the times are not specific) I run into issues that usually occur when you try to run the latency very low. For many months I was running something like 4.4 ms, round trip. For some reason, the last month has been the computer has the hiccups. 

I have upped the round trip to 22 ms without any change, I have disabled the wireless adapter, and I have utilized that throttle app to make sure the CPUs run at full speed.

latency monitor keeps reporting issues, and for the most part they keep changing. Sometimes it has to do with the video card. I updated the video driver with no change.

does anybody have an idea what is going on?

On 9/23/2022 at 4:28 AM, Michael Richards said:

For many months I was running something like 4.4 ms, round trip.

I run the same latency. There could be some cumulative windows updates that's causing your issue. It might also be some recent driver you have done. Theres also the possiblility of your antivirus slowing things down. It can be some background apps consuming cpu resources. Check any of these - if they pan out, then its a plugin you're using in your chain. Its always a cat and mouse game with this issue. 

Edited by Will.