Jump to content
abacab

Epic Free Game - Ark: Survival Evolved

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Sweet. With 6 free add-ons. Thanks Abe!

This Epic deal appears to be Windows only. Sorry Fleer, back to Steam I presume...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, abacab said:

Epic also offers a number of add-ons for free

Thanks. I didn't notice that on the offer page. Got them now.

Also, I am seeing 7 free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kal S said:

Thanks. I didn't notice that on the offer page. Got them now.

Also, I am seeing 7 free.

It look like 1 free base game & 1 free ARK Modkit editor, plus 6 free add-ons. 8 total freebies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, abacab said:

It look like 1 free base game & 1 free ARK Modkit editor, plus 6 free add-ons. 8 total freebies!

I already had ARK from a previous give away but I was missing the modkit and two expansions. I was able to add those to my cart for free and then check out. Coolio!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I already had ARK from a previous give away but I was missing the modkit and two expansions. I was able to add those to my cart for free and then check out. Coolio!

I'm just about to embark on the ARK for the first time. Any recommendations for the best place to start? It looks massive! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t get that Modkit Editor. Should I go back in for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Epic sucks trying to log in via web browser.

How so? Not a problem from here recently... maybe it's just getting hammered tonight.

The Epic content servers seem to be OK. Downloading a game right now via Epic Games Launcher at my ISP max throughput rate.

Edited by abacab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, abacab said:

How so? Not a problem from here recently... maybe it's just getting hammered tonight.

The Epic content servers seem to be OK. Downloading a game right now via Epic Games Launcher at my ISP max throughput rate.

No. I always get this incorrect login.  I have to open Epic for it to work.  Plenty of page on Google about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, abacab said:

I'm just about to embark on the ARK for the first time. Any recommendations for the best place to start? It looks massive! :)

Never mind. I could not get it to run without installing BattlEye Anti-Cheat. Uninstalled... 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2022 at 9:15 PM, abacab said:

Never mind. I could not get it to run without installing BattlEye Anti-Cheat. Uninstalled... 😢

oh why, some issue with battleye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up.  I already have this on Steam (and will be compatible with my Steam Deck that I finally was able to order, I believe) and Xbox but I'll still put this in the ol' Epic library for a rainy day or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

oh why, some issue with battleye?

Yep, I refuse to install extra services on my DAW. It's the only PC that I own with a fairly recent GPU. I only run Epic games on the DAW PC that don't include hidden "extras". GOG is much better behaved in that regard. 

My dedicated gaming/media PC is 10 years and several generations older, still running Windows 7. I would let BattlEye roll there, but that system barely meets minimum spec. Great for older games from GOG.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, abacab said:

Yep, I refuse to install extra services on my DAW.

like ilok/pace haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

like ilok/pace haha

Yep, haha! I pick my poison very selectively. Pace iLok gets a pass. But just barely... 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...