Epic Free Game - Ark: Survival Evolved

abacab

Well it wouldn't be a Thursday without another Epic Free game! This title has been released before for free, most recently I believe on Steam. Epic also offers a number of add-ons for free, so don't overlook them.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ark

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Wiki

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I already had ARK from a previous give away but I was missing the modkit and two expansions. I was able to add those to my cart for free and then check out. Coolio!

I'm just about to embark on the ARK for the first time. Any recommendations for the best place to start? It looks massive! :)

31 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Epic sucks trying to log in via web browser.

How so? Not a problem from here recently... maybe it's just getting hammered tonight.

The Epic content servers seem to be OK. Downloading a game right now via Epic Games Launcher at my ISP max throughput rate.

Edited by abacab

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

How so? Not a problem from here recently... maybe it's just getting hammered tonight.

The Epic content servers seem to be OK. Downloading a game right now via Epic Games Launcher at my ISP max throughput rate.

No. I always get this incorrect login.  I have to open Epic for it to work.  Plenty of page on Google about this.

18 hours ago, abacab said:

I'm just about to embark on the ARK for the first time. Any recommendations for the best place to start? It looks massive! :)

Never mind. I could not get it to run without installing BattlEye Anti-Cheat. Uninstalled... 😢

7 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

oh why, some issue with battleye?

Yep, I refuse to install extra services on my DAW. It's the only PC that I own with a fairly recent GPU. I only run Epic games on the DAW PC that don't include hidden "extras". GOG is much better behaved in that regard. 

My dedicated gaming/media PC is 10 years and several generations older, still running Windows 7. I would let BattlEye roll there, but that system barely meets minimum spec. Great for older games from GOG.

• Like 1