Studio One 6 dropping Sept. 29 ? (not a deal )

CoveCamper

On 9/24/2022 at 4:15 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Real talk: depending on how girly she is, one way to help her understand might be to gently offer that musical tools are similar to a woman's wardrobe: in need of updating from time to time.

OMG, that is SO perfect!! "Hey, honey, guitars are like shoes. Make sense now??"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, mettelus said:

"Hey, honey, guitars are like shoes. Make sense now??"

😆 A little gasoline on the fire.

If anyone actually tries the analogy, the way I'd approach it would be with something more humble, "I dunno, sweetie, I guess it's like clothes. Different outfits for different occasions? Each one sounds different and feels different and plays different."

Or you could snap "You just can't stand the idea that I have something I enjoy!"

No. Don't do that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

Not really been around since before the forum changed over.  I guess that makes me a dabbler instead, still don't know what GAS stands for.

I'm somewhat newish myself but I believe GAS stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  

• Thanks 1

I did eventually manage to convince mine that nylon and steel strung guitars are fundamentally different instruments - so I bought a Yamaha SLG-200N - but she remains stubbornly unconvinced of the difference between electric and acoustic guitars (less still Les Pauls, Teles and Strats). Hence my recent acquisition of a Taylor hybrid - which she approves of, as it has a smaller case and takes up less space. 😂

As for a 12-string - don't even go there... 😳

Andy

Edited by AndyB01
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Mine let me have a Taylor 12 string!!! It's nice! Sounds beautiful!!

My 12 string is in my Jamee Tyler Variax (by Line 6), no pesky tung of those 6 extra strings 😉 

So is my Martin 6 string.

Simply put I don't own any acoustic 6 string guitars.

Edited by Bapu

Studio One 6 - Leaked?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EsGPD4uLE0sJ:https://vintageking.com/software/presonus-studio-one-6-professional-electronic-delivery&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=es

Of course there will be the usual multitude of other stuff we will only find out about with the 'Full' list of stuff. Don't know why they do that, but anyway . . .  

Edited by heath row
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

In case they take the website down here is the list:

WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6:

NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.

NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show 

NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track

NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous

NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels

NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1