Studio One 6 dropping Sept. 29 ? (not a deal )

CoveCamper

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I'll get VVV at the intro price, though. 

I thought it would be out by now seeing as they are based in Indonesia, its 2.34PM on the 23rd there now, maybe they are going to go by some US time zone, in which case it could be a good few hours to go, and that will put me around the midnight hour, early morning, bummer.

Perfect timing. I'm being connected to the fiber network for internet on the 27th. I still haven't downloaded the Syntronik 2 libraries from a purchase months ago. ('ve been using my cell phone as a hotspot and have very limited monthly data. Going over that limit is stupid expensive (36 cents per MB, not GB!).

The only other major upgrade for me will be Kontakt 7 when Komplete 14 is released. I bought Komplete 9 Ultimate and have never felt the need to upgrade it. I paid for the Kontakt v5 to v6 upgrade. The only other major version update that would have required an upgrade purchase was Guitar Rig v5 to v6...and I don't use Guitar Rig. Absynth is still v5 (and dropped from K14!). FM is still v8. Battery is still v4. So, no need for Komplete 14.

Edited by John Maar

17 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I am on the Sphere subscription, so it should be included. Looking forward to seeing what is new.  I hope they will allow draging of MIDI and audio clips into VSTs.

I just ran into that issue the other day when I was trying to drag and drop a wavetable file into SynthMaster's oscillator window. That works in other DAWs, so it would be nice if PreSonus would fix that.

18 hours ago, Scott H said:

I don't "absolutely" need the Komplete upgrade, but my wife needs to think that I do.

If you want it just buy it. Forgiveness is always easier to obtain than permission.

Plus she's probably snuck in a whole load of unnecessary cushions that you haven't noticed.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, paulo said:

If you want it just buy it. Forgiveness is always easier to obtain than permission.

Plus she's probably snuck in a whole load of unnecessary cushions that you haven't noticed.

Great point! Believe me, I’m sure that there are a lot of shoes and handbags purchases that I don’t even know about!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CoveCamper said:

I remember looking into Sphere when it first came about. Does Presonus regularly come out with new content ( instruments, effects, soundpacks, etc. ) to make it worthwhile ?

For me it’s more about paying overtime less (including bits) and not worrying about it. I’ve been on iZotope sub a couple of years now too, that’s definitely saved me money!. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Usually there is.

Personus were smart to offer a full 1 month demo of S1 Pro 5.  I tried it and yesterday I buckled and got the S1 Pro 5 Crossgrade from Thomann for $209.  Hopefully it will include the upgrade to v6.  If not, I'll wait for Black Friday upgrade sales.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, mibby said:

Don't get me wrong, I am too! I'm really curious what's going to be in this one though. I seriously don't know what I would want from a new version...

I get worried about programs that have to release new feature versions every 2 years or so - it often means adding new features to bring in new customers which sometimes leave old features gathering dust and bug fixes being spread too thinly. But hey, maybe they'll invent something game-changing.

Of the 'reasonable' requests I have of a new version, I just want some bugs fixed. A big one for me is that the project view/mastering doesn't support gapless plugin operation, for example. Certain song automations are unreliable in project mode too, even though not having to export a mixdown for each song is touted as a key feature for mastering projects. And 'transform to audio' (like Freeze in Cakewalk parlance) would sometimes just chop off audio tails. Etc.

Of the 'unreasonable' requests, I'd love a proper importer for Cakewalk projects...

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 4:49 PM, Scott H said:

I was getting ready to explain to my wife why I absolutely needed the Komplete 14 upgrade. Ahh Christ - now I need to explain Studio One 6 as well!

Real talk: depending on how girly she is, one way to help her understand might be to gently offer that musical tools are similar to a woman's wardrobe: in need of updating from time to time. And just as difficult for the other gender to understand; I've been rocking plaid shirts and jeans for 45 years. When I started, it was "Laurel Canyon hippie rocker," then 10 years later it was punk (you get to keep the jeans longer because huge rips in them are part of the look), then 5 years after that the pinnacle of the Seattle look. If I want to switch to business casual, I grab the least faded jeans, switch to a button down and press it before I put it on.

As Joe Jackson famously said "it's different for girls."

The age old reply to "why do you need so many guitars?" "Same reason you need so many pairs of shoes, each one is different and used for different occasions."

Just don't be a dick about it like you're throwing it back in her face.

If she gets that it's a tool that you use in your (ahem, second) favorite pastime, well, the new version will let you do more and explore new things.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Real talk: depending on how girly she is, one way to help her understand might be to gently offer that musical tools are similar to a woman's wardrobe: in need of updating from time to time. And just as difficult for the other gender to understand; I've been rocking plaid shirts and jeans for 45 years. When I started, it was "Laurel Canyon hippie rocker," then 10 years later it was punk (you get to keep the jeans longer because huge rips in them are part of the look), then 5 years after that the pinnacle of the Seattle look. If I want to switch to business casual, I grab the least faded jeans, switch to a button down and press it before I put it on.

As Joe Jackson famously said "it's different for girls."

The age old reply to "why do you need so many guitars?" "Same reason you need so many pairs of shoes, each one is different and used for different occasions."

Just don't be a dick about it like you're throwing it back in her face.

If she gets that it's a tool that you use in your (ahem, second) favorite pastime, well, the new version will let you do more and explore new things.

Word.

• Like 1