Studio One 6 dropping Sept. 29 ? (not a deal )

CoveCamper

I'm still not using everything in v5! The jumps from v2-3 and v3-4 were pretty amazing. V4-5... meh.  I'm curious to see where they're headed, especially with the "Fender Musical Instruments Corporation" tagline.  I guess I'm more curious than chomping at the bit for this release.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'm still not using everything in v5! The jumps from v2-3 and v3-4 were pretty amazing. V4-5... meh.  I'm curious to see where they're headed, especially with the "Fender Musical Instruments Corporation" tagline.  I guess I'm more curious than chomping at the bit for this release.

I'm a Studio One fanboy. That said, you are correct. I felt like v4 had more added post release than v5.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

What was to be your reasoning for the Komplete upgrade? This could be helpful to us. 

Primarily for Kontakt 7 with the HiDPI browser. Once I hit 40, my eyesight fell off a cliff.  Kontakt on my new widescreen monitor looks like a postage stamp. I need a jeweler's loop to read it.  If I could get by with the free version of Kontakt 7 I would, but I've got multiple libraries that need the full version. Also it has been a few versions of Komplete since I've last upgraded so there is lots of new stuff for me.

To be honest, I'm just a hobbyist.  I don't "absolutely" need the Komplete upgrade, but my wife needs to think that I do.

Edited by Scott H
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Scott H said:

To be honest, I'm just a hobbyist.  I don't "absolutely" need the Komplete upgrade, but my wife needs to think that I do.

But 'need' doesn't always have to be predicated on a professional need. Focus on the emotional benefits which can pay endless dividends in times like these, but that you'll also benefit from system stability. It should be easier to convince her of this than say getting a new guitar, because frankly guys don't need yet *another* guitar, but you do need to upgrade for stability just like a car needs maintenance. Really can't argue with that. And when she grants you this, do something super nice for her. Then rinse and repeat next year or however often you need to upgrade. 

Edited by Christian Jones
?
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Scott H said:

Once I hit 40, my eyesight fell off a cliff.  Kontakt on my new widescreen monitor looks like a postage stamp. I need a jeweler's loop to read it.  If I could get by with the free version of Kontakt 7 I would, but I've got multiple libraries that need the full version

I'm in the same boat, but I think the HiDPI browser is just that. The browser. I will assume that the rest of the song remains the same, until someone shows me otherwise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I'm a Studio One fanboy. That said, you are correct. I felt like v4 had more added post release than v5.

Don't get me wrong, I am too! I'm really curious what's going to be in this one though. I seriously don't know what I would want from a new version...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scott H said:

I thought I was the only hobbyist floating around these parts.  I do love Studio One, but I always have to catch it at least 50% off.  I do like my Mixcraft Pro, but it doesn't run on Mac.

I really can't see myself using any other DAW, so I hope they keep bringing it with V6.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, heath row said:

Been a busy month, RX10 Advanced, Ozone Advanced 10, TONEX MAX, Studio One 6 Pro, Kuassa's Amplification VVV sometime today, AA's LAVA, plus the other stuff that isn't coming to mind. Great times to be alive.

I have LAVA, RX10 and OA10. I won't get TONEX until it's in Total Studio Max (I'm on TS MAX 3.5). I'll get VVV at the intro price, though.