Bitwig + U-He deal

Sander Verstraten

Bitwig is giving U-He Bazille or Satin away when you buy Bitwig Studio or an upgrade/renewal plan:

https://www.bitwig.com/buy/?fbclid=IwAR1B_VeXH2Lb4IpxYNOdEnOa-bYFofyOXBMm-i47igxK-wdw9EVWfb0DfMw

additionally, an active plan will give you a 25% discount code in the U-He webshop.

And U-He customers can get a 25% Bitwig discount.

• Like 1

I've got Bitwig 8-Track. The 2 VST limit is a bit annoying...

Was thinking about upgrading it to 16-Track, and getting u-he Bazille for free (normally 129 €). Already have Bazille CM, and quite like it!

With the u-he/Bitwig 25% discount, it looks like that upgrade to 16-Track  would be $75. Not a bad price for Bazille, with a less crippled version of Bitwig tossed in! :)

23 minutes ago, abacab said:

I've got Bitwig 8-Track. The 2 VST limit is a bit annoying...

Was thinking about upgrading it to 16-Track, and getting u-he Bazille for free (normally 129 €). Already have Bazille CM, and quite like it!

With the u-he/Bitwig 25% discount, it looks like that upgrade to 16-Track  would be $75. Not a bad price for Bazille, with a less crippled version of Bitwig tossed in! :)

I may be wrong, but AFAIK the Free U-He Plugin is just available, if you upgrade to Bitwig STUDIO. - The big toy...

Edited by stony

51 minutes ago, stony said:

I may be wrong, but AFAIK the Free U-He Plugin is just available, if you upgrade to Bitwig STUDIO. - The big toy...

Aha! OK, I saw this and assumed the free plugin was for any version, apparently that's just for the 25% off deal:

"From September 22nd until September 29th, existing u-he customers can claim a 25% discount coupon applicable to Bitwig Studio, Bitwig Studio EDU, Upgrade From 16-Track, and Upgrade From 8-Track."

Don't really need another DAW... so nevermind the BIG toy, LOL!!! :)

Spent some time demoing Bitwig over the weekend and picked it up last night using the discount code from U-He. As an upgrade from 8 track I think it came to $269. It might have been fractionally cheaper in the past but I've wanted Bazille for a while now. 

Given how often Live crashes with plugins like Sampletank, the plugin sandboxing feature sounds great. Although I did experience one hard crash during my testing. 

The speed of the interface around selecting plugins really impressed me. Live's constrictive UI seems to hamper the subtle flow of creativity by comparison. 

Also it uses some magic keeping the list of plugins updated. I installed a demo of a synth and V Piano 3 and they were visible in bitwig immediately without a tedious rescan like needed in Ableton or FL Studio. Brilliant. 

One feature I'll miss is retrospective midi recording. Here's s hoping Bitwig adds it soon.

Just awaiting delivery of a Bazille serial now 😊

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 1