UJAM: Virtual Drummer HOT $49 / $69.30

pseudopop

Normally $99. Loyalty price $49, everyone else $69.30. Offer available until October 2nd.

https://www.ujam.com/drummer/hot/

Virtual Drummer HOT provides real drum performances with punchy drum machine-like processing to replace your sample library with more lively and energizing drum grooves.

30 different Styles allow you to manipulate hundreds of rhythms from the most popular genres of music ranging from Hip Hop and Rap to Indie and Electronic.

We’ve gone above and beyond to add a 7th instrument channel to each drum kit. Unique to Virtual Drummer HOT, you can now use clap sounds to supplement your snares and accentuate your grooves.

I've got all the original VD products... Solid, Brute, Deep, Phat, Heavy, Sludge, Spackle...  and I'm just wondering if there's enough new material here to make it worth it.  Sure, only $50 if you already have VD.    (cue Beavis & Butt-Head)  I really wish UJAM offered a product that helped you find beats based on a MIDI or audio pattern input.  Right now, I drag MIDI out to ReMIDI 2  (great accessory VST) as well as dragging favorites into labeled playlist folders for VLC media player.

Edited by Cellomangler
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cellomangler said:

I've got all the original VD products... Solid, Brute, Deep, Phat, Heavy, Sludge, Spackle...  and I'm just wondering if there's enough new material here to make it worth it.  Sure, only $50 if you already have VD.    (cue Beavis & Butt-Head)  I really wish UJAM offered a product that helped you find beats based on a MIDI or audio pattern input.  Right now, I drag MIDI out to ReMIDI 2  (great accessory VST) as well as dragging favorites into labeled playlist folders for VLC media player.

Which VD is your favorite, if I might to ask?

On 9/23/2022 at 2:38 AM, daveiv said:

Which VD is your favorite, if I might to ask?

The last track I mixed I was using Deep... but I believe some of the MIDI came from another one of the collection.  I have a love/hate relationship with all these plugins that utilize MIDI sequences.   Sure they can provide inspiration - and UJAM does have good sounding drums with quick variations for typical rock, pop and such.  But it can also be a compromise to find a MIDI sequence that fits your song and you have to go through so many patterns if you want to parse through the all other Virtual Drummer styles.  Then again, there are some jewels to be gleaned there.  I also Soniccouture Moon and Sun Drums for lighter or more esoteric stuff and MIDI patterns can always be made compatible with some tweaking.  Also as I mentioned earlier, ReMIDI is a great tool for organizing MIDI patterns and inserting rolls/fills.  And all these MIDI riffs can be stored in folders for setting up your own library of pattern favorites.

Edited by Cellomangler
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cellomangler said:

The last track I mixed I was using Deep... but I believe some of the MIDI came from another one of the collection.  I have a love/hate relationship with all these plugins that utilize MIDI sequences.   Sure they can provide inspiration - and UJAM does have good sounding drums with quick variations for typical rock, pop and such.  But it can also be a compromise to find a MIDI sequence that fits your song and you have to go through so many patterns if you want to parse through the all other Virtual Drummer styles.  Then again, there are some jewels to be gleaned there.  I also Soniccouture Moon and Sun Drums for lighter or more esoteric stuff and MIDI patterns can always be made compatible with some tweaking.  Also as I mentioned earlier, ReMIDI is a great tool for organizing MIDI patterns and inserting rolls/fills.  And all these MIDI riffs can be stored in folders for setting up your own library of pattern favorites.

Here's a link to the last track I used UJAM Deep on:  Snail Trails  (crank it!)

That's what I'm afraid of. I have UJAM VD's grandfather AIR Strike 2. It has a nice selection of drum kits, grooves, and all the mixing FX. But it's kinda painful to evaluate those MIDI grooves to find something that fits into your music.

So I learned playing drums live on keyboard, but I can't do interesting drum fills yet. I'm going to try manual drum programming on Guitar Pro, and see where it goes.

I will hear your track ASAP.

30 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I agree!

I use a combination of many of the UJAM virtual drummers and EZDrummer 3.  The sound from the UJAM drums, whichever one I pick for a song, always works and sounds great.

I like the UJAM basses the best, followed by the UJAM drummers. Great for jamming! The guitars maybe not so much, but are interesting... YMMV...

The Toontrack stuff is awesome, especially with how the EZbass or EZdrummer can match up with an imported clip!

On 9/22/2022 at 6:29 AM, pseudopop said:

Normally $99. Loyalty price $49, everyone else $69.30. Offer available until October 2nd.

https://www.ujam.com/drummer/hot/

Great demo video!

Only $42 at Best Service!

https://musicsoftwaredeals.com/?manufacturer=ujam&price_from=0&price_to=9999&sort_by=price_asc

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I've never used these, and briefly looking at these drummer VIs I can't tell - can you separate the individual drums onto their own tracks, or is it just a stereo output from the VI?

I have UJAM Solid, and from the virtual drummer 2 user manual, there are multi outputs described, although I have never used them:.

You can choose to send any Instrument and Ambience Channel either to the Master Section (default) or to an Individual Output that will be fed to an Aux bus in your DAW. This way, you can use the full multi-channel mixer functionality of your DAW with Virtual Drummer if you want to go deep, or just route individual signals into special effects processors.

The order in which Channels are sent to the DAW is fixed as follows:

• Master
  • Kick
  • Snare
  • Clap (VD HOT only)
  • Tom
  • HH
  • Ride
  • Crash
  • Overheads
  • Room

The exact setup of a multi-output Virtual Drummer will depend largely on your DAW, so we recommend to check out the corresponding instructions in your DAWs user guide. Usually, what you have to do is …

• Instantiate a multi-output version of Virtual Drummer. This usually happens when selecting it from a menu of available virtual instruments.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I have UJAM Solid, and from the virtual drummer 2 user manual, there are multi outputs described, although I have never used them:.

You can choose to send any Instrument and Ambience Channel either to the Master Section (default) or to an Individual Output that will be fed to an Aux bus in your DAW. This way, you can use the full multi-channel mixer functionality of your DAW with Virtual Drummer if you want to go deep, or just route individual signals into special effects processors.

The order in which Channels are sent to the DAW is fixed as follows:

• Master
  • Kick
  • Snare
  • Clap (VD HOT only)
  • Tom
  • HH
  • Ride
  • Crash
  • Overheads
  • Room

The exact setup of a multi-output Virtual Drummer will depend largely on your DAW, so we recommend to check out the corresponding instructions in your DAWs user guide. Usually, what you have to do is …

• Instantiate a multi-output version of Virtual Drummer. This usually happens when selecting it from a menu of available virtual instruments.

Thanks, I'll have to dig in to see how S1 handles it.  The demos on these sounds really good, and I like that you can adjust the ambience, etc. Could be just the ticket for mocking up a quick drum part.