How delete doubled MIDI notes?

sadicus

And it depends on how they even happened. That’s why I try and only use Overwrite mode. If you use sound  on sound or comping mode you might get duped.

But if you did use Comp mode it’s easy to open the lane and delete the notes there. 

The other way that dupe notes happen is having a VST synths midi output enabled and then the new track set to All for the input. You get a Loopback. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sjoens said:

Interestingly, other DAWS have the ability to remove duped notes from the file menu.

I have suggested to the Bakers a number of times that they convert all the old CAL routines to native functions, correcting/improving the logic as needed. Seems like low-hanging fruit.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

And it depends on how they even happened. That’s why I try and only use Overwrite mode. If you use sound  on sound or comping mode you might get duped.

But if you did use Comp mode it’s easy to open the lane and delete the notes there. 

The other way that dupe notes happen is having a VST synths midi output enabled and then the new track set to All for the input. You get a Loopback. 

I often get "duped" copy/pasting into PRV, not always aware of it or where the sneaky buggers are hiding.

There's also the rare occasion when I want to dupe notes.

• 5 weeks later...

This blows.

Instead of replacing old with new when pasting, cakewalk pastes over top of existing material half the time and then you wind up with doubled notes that you have to manually delete??  Please, someone tell me there is a better way.  Undupe doesn't seem to be effective at all anymore!