Synchro Arts RePitch Vocal Pitch Editing Plugin

Heath Row

Synchro Arts

image.png.53b366b6369ba2a77c305c948ed6f171.png

RePitch

Natural Vocal Pitch Editing Plugin

image.thumb.png.e88ccf4ce6489cd41f0dc2529223f02b.png

Powerful, easy to use and exceptionally transparent, RePitch sets a new standard for vocal pitch editing tools.

Instantly snap vocal tracks to any scale or make forensic pitch, timing or vibrato changes in seconds.

You can even connect RePitch to VocAlign Ultra for simultaneous tuning of multiple vocal layers, saving hours of manual work.

Tuning you can't hear

RePitch meets the challenge of getting perfectly tuned vocals that don’t sound processed or doctored,

so flaws and imperfections can be removed without compromising the feel or vibe of the performance.

Powered by our advanced musical note detection technology, RePitch’s instant automatic pitch correction can be applied in seconds.

If you need more detailed editing, just fire up the suite of manual tools for fine tuning and tweaking.

A completely unique feature, RePitch uses our SynchroLink technology to connect to our alignment plugin VocAlign Ultra,

so any pitch and timing changes can be instantly transferred to multiple doubles in real time, saving hours of editing.

Developed with the uncompromising input of Grammy-winning producers and engineers from all over the world,

RePitch makes vocal pitch and timing correction quicker, easier and more transparent than ever before.

RePitch Main Features

Enhanced musical pitch analysis

Powerful suite of intuitive pitch and time editing tools

Easy automatic or detailed manual correction options

Edit pitch, sibilance and breaths separately

Formant shifting

Scale detection

Fully resizable GUI window

SynchroLink enabled for connectivity with VocAlign

Two activations included with each license

All iLok Copy Protection options supported (no iLok USB dongle needed)

Full ARA2 (Audio Random Access) support for enhanced workflow with compatible DAWs

Get any paid upgrades for free in the first 6 months

$174  $279

https://www.jrrshop.com/synchro-arts-repitch

https://www.synchroarts.com/products/repitch/overview

Edited by heath row

Well I guess that would be a personal thing in some areas, early days yet but even though to me it's easier while being similar.

Sounds better, less artifacty, more natural maybe, especially with larger shifts.

Perhaps not as feature rich as Melodyne Studio, but you can certainly do what needs to be done, I'm still digging around.

It's a little buggy in places, but I'm sure that will be addressed fairly quickly.

All in all if things keep going as they are and they fix a few niggles, I can see this most likely pushing Melodyne Studio to the side for the most part for me.

Time will tell.

From https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/synchro-arts-repitch-announced

This is what Synchro Arts say about RePitch;

Built on core technologies from Synchro Arts flagship Revoice Pro application, RePitch enables adjustment of the pitch, timing and volume of any monophonic vocal (or instrument).

So  RePitch +  VocAlign = Revoice Pro?

Edited by TheSteven

13 hours ago, fret_man said:

Is this better than Melodyne?

The UI looks a bit less baffling, which would, indeed, make it better for me at least. My time spent with Melodyne has a really unfavorable ratio of "time spent figuring out how to bludgeon the software into doing what I want (usually nudging a note or two into pitch)" to "actually doing what I want to do with the software." Usually it takes me the better part of an hour to do the first and then minutes to do the second.

My experiences with using it have been so unpleasant that I don't use it enough to get good at it, and I have to climb Mt. Learningcurve every time.

A lot of that time is "elbowing my way past features that aren't available in my version." I enjoy it more when I imagine that it's displaying the entrails of the person responsible for its menu system.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

. . . My time spent with Melodyne has a really unfavorable ratio of "time spent figuring out how to bludgeon the software into doing what I want (usually nudging a note or two into pitch)" to "actually doing what I want to do with the software." Usually it takes me the better part of an hour to do the first and then minutes to do the second.

My experiences with using it have been so unpleasant that I don't use it enough to get good at it, and I have to climb Mt. Learningcurve every time.

austin-powers-its-not-just-me-then.thumb.jpg.63658c1f0ed6a10623510af71729ae88.jpg

I have used Melodyne a few times and each time I thought I was using the right tool and doing the right thing, but the software completely disagreed with me. It could seriously use some kind of usability review from the developers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pseudopop said:

It could seriously use some kind of usability review from the developers.

15 minutes of asking themselves some basic questions and then writing down the answers.

1. What do most of the people who run our program want to do?

2. What is the most direct, practical path a program like ours can take to allow them to do it and get on with their lives?

My guess is that 90% (or greater) of the time someone runs Melodyne because they've heard one or more clinkers and want to identify and re-pitch them so that they will be in tune with the rest of the song.

To that end it should analyze the track, give you a display of the notes it identifies and a visual indication of which ones have landed on an A440 12-tone scale and how far off any of them might be. Then it should put you right into dragging the notes onto that 12-tone scale, with the snap set to snap TO the scale.

OPTIONALLY, you could choose a more restrictive scale like major or minor, and a tuning other than A440. Or adjust the snap strength  or switch the snap into "by" mode or whatever.

The software should be able to do all of that in less time than it took me to type it, but for whatever reason, well, when you start up Melodyne Essentials, it's like trying to pet a sting ray that's been having a bad day. And someone gave it Ritalin to try to mellow it out. Maybe you thought that because you owned the "essentials" version that you'd be getting a simplified version  that would just do stuff like the above? Ha HAAAA, you've got to be kidding. No, what you get looks exactly like the full version except that the features that you don't get don't work, but you won't learn this until after you try them. They're all still there cluttering up the UI and menu system.

I have a vague memory of running it and it starting up in snap "by" mode and spending the better part of an hour trying to drag one bum note onto the scale grid and being confounded when it would not stay put. It never occurred to me that it would start in snap "by" mode (and with the snap sensitivity set to CROWBAR) because who would ever, ever want that, and if even if they sometimes did, it's preposterous to consider that the program would start up with that as the default behavior. The thought was so ridiculous that my brain rebelled against hosting it, even provisionally.

(For those of you in the "but I always want to nudge an out-of-tune-note by a rigid semitone so that it's still out-of-tune except now it's precisely  a semitone flatter or sharper than what it was" camp, be quiet. If you say anything I will immediately think less of you, and I suspect I'd not be alone in that. Protect your reputation and play along)

I do like the visual metaphor they use, where syllables are golden turds connected by arteries. And you can click on one of the turds, sorry "blobs" and it will sustain the sound while you're dragging it, that's swell indeed. Why must that simple brilliant thing be wrapped in so many metres of WTF?

If Synchro Arts has managed to come up with something with a more transparent workflow (I see that it at least retains the turds 'n' arteries visual metaphor), I think that Celemony do have a lunch that's there for the eating. I won't truly be happy until Meldaproduction puts it in their FreeFX bundle.

• Like 1

I have both Revoice Pro and Melodyne (Studio).

I've never tested the pitch editing features in Revoice until yesterday. I have to say that I couldn't tell the difference between them.

I don't think I need this, but unlike someone else, I won't buy it (or can afford it) 😎

10 hours ago, heath row said:

Short answer is No.

Long answer is No it isn't.

I just emailed Synchro Arts on this and they said “the main” difference would be that Re-voice Pro can also be used as a Standalone. I would submit that at least one other difference is that Revoice Pro requires a physical ilock dongle, whereas the two others can use machine-based ilock licensing.

• Like 1