One of those "I'm sorry Dave" moment...

Rain

14 minutes ago, craigb said:

The takeaway was that it takes at least six or seven times the effort to get someone to realize that they've been programmed.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled"
- Mark Twain

People will often cite cognitive dissonance, expectation bias, apophenia, the Dunning-Kruger Effect, FOMO and other psychological quirks when mocking the misled, not realizing that such phenomena apply to all of us. And that we have all been duped many times in our lives without even noticing, and that once duped the dupization is often permanent.

Which reminds me... I haven't had my aura checked in awhile. Need to make sure those crystals are still working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a great book called: Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think

It asks ten true/false questions.  If people were merely ignorant, they would score 50 percent right and wrong.   That is what a monkey would score.  But people get 80 percent wrong!   Because they are being misled, lied to and misinformed.

(I, of course, did much better on the test...being older, wiser and savvy to the ways of the world.)

16 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Need to make sure those crystals are still working.

Are your triangles in alignment?   I have some triangle alignment software I got a real good deal on.

23 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Are there legal copies of Mine Kahmp around these days?   I mispelled it intentionally.  I've become a history buff.  Sometimes those things reveal patterns to be careful of.  If one is to say they are fascinated with something people assume it's approved instead of being astounded that something like that happened.

Look how we have to word something instead of being direct.  

There are cyclic patterns. No I left my tin foil hat back at home.

The Mine camplesss beans rabbit hole gets deeper. There is history and then there is HISTORY. The stuff not deemed as important by someone somewhere.

Thanks for this.