Stratos 1977

bjornpdx

Stratos 1977
I spent some time with the new Cherry Elka-X vst synth, trying out the presets and tweaking the knobs. Pretty soon I was getting a Klaus Schulze kind of a sound which I used in this song. It's spacey electronic music featuring filter frequency and resonance tweaking along with the filter ADSR envelope tweaks. It takes a lot of time to hit the right combination of settings to get that Schulze sound.

Not totally happy with this one but here's what I came up with. It's more of a backing track. Gonna add some keys on top if I can think of how to do that.

As always don't listen while driving or operating heavy machinery.

Synths used
Arturia CS-80
Cherry Audio Elka-X
Omnisphere

Thanks for listening/commenting.

• Like 5

Bjorn, this hits me on a visceral level, unlike other songs I've heard from you.  It seems dark and sinister, therefor, cinematic, and ready for a movie or documentary.  Though I've been incommunicado for a while, I've heard most of the songs you posted lately, and you've been keeping the beat going for a long time!

• Thanks 1

@bjornpdx Nice to hear you have had a chance to play with the Elka-X not really had much of a chance myself for obvious reasons.  It is a real beast though from what I have had a chance to do with it. Do you really need more on this I doubt it, well perhaps another 10 minuets ;) .  Just sit back close ones eyes and float off drift with it.

🙂

great, as usual....the sequencer parts fit perfectly....had to give it a like even at this stage of creation, i don't think it really needs much else as you have a lot of good stuff mixed really, really well at this stage....but of course, carry on!!!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶